Front (lower?) valance Dart '66 - picture?

-

360DartGT66

Not a 360 anymore
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My precious 1966 Dart GT Hard Top is apparently missing a piece of sheet metal. The front valance that runs across the front behind the bumper. I'm having a hard time finding a picture of what it looks like.

Does anyone know if the valance on other years or models are identical or interchangeable with limited modification? I'm not doing a full original resto so it's ok if it needs some drilling or massaging.

I will probably not be getting one from the States due to shipping costs, I just need to know what to look for.

Thank you. :prayer:

Oh, ok. And here I am all proud that I found the correct term and all ... :D

mSOTgRG-SF17wFvKDo2G_ZA.jpg I found this pic under 66 dart radiator splash shield image was hoping it would link but no go...lol

Here is a pic of my front end so you can see what's missing.

Attachments

• 2015-05-31 19.19.11.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 128
I will tell you there is nothing missing there. I will post pic.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 117
Front Inner fenders are missing, as well as fender brackets that are not on mine yet as well. Need any more pics just ask. :burnout:MT

Here is a pic of my front end so you can see what's missing.

here are some pic's. if you can find the metal piece that goes in the center, you can order replacement parts from DMT on ebay.
all the rubber parts on the front of the dart, not including the splash shields and radiator support to hood rubber.
View attachment !!!!!!!!!!Splash shields front of car.jpg

headlight splash shields (there are the old ones )
View attachment DSCF3617.jpg

painted black metal dished section bolted to the car body with the new rubber. lookin good!
View attachment DSCF3618.jpg
all on waitin for the grill to go back on.
View attachment DSCF3634.jpg

A pic of mine with the front bumper off. Not a good photo. 66Dvert has done a good job.

Attachments

• 015 (5).jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 117
Thank you very much, gentlemen! :prayer:

Now I know what to look for. :thumblef:

I can see the fender bracket, I guess, in the sunlight directly below your headlight, toolmanmike, right?

Th front inner fender, Mopar Tim, is that metal? It looks like it since it is painted.

Thank you very much, gentlemen! :prayer:

Now I know what to look for. :thumblef:

I can see the fender bracket, I guess, in the sunlight directly below your headlight, toolmanmike, right?

Th front inner fender, Mopar Tim, is that metal? It looks like it since it is painted.

front inner fender splash shield goes directly behind the headlight bucket.
there are 2 bolts for the front splash shield that go into the inner fender,that you can see fron the inside of the engine compartment if you open the hood.
View attachment DSCF3600.jpg

rear inner splash shield, requires some funky looking bolts to mount with huge washers.
View attachment DSCF3603.jpg
Detroit muscle technologies makes the rubber for the 66's (sent mine for samples)

front inner fender splash shield goes directly behind the headlight bucket.
there are 2 bolts for the front splash shield that go into the inner fender,that you can see fron the inside of the engine compartment if you open the hood.
View attachment 1714848719

rear inner splash shield, requires some funky looking bolts to mount with huge washers.
View attachment 1714848720
Detroit muscle technologies makes the rubber for the 66's (sent mine for samples)
And finding these not rusted to death is quite difficult. I do have some of these parts in good shape if you need them. :burnout:MT

Thank you so much, 66Dvert!

So the inner splash shields are bolted on only, not welded anywhere? Are the two parts in the lower picture left and right or is the top part in the lower picture something else?

These are the parts that always rot out, right?

Well, if I can't find these part I guess I'll fab something up to try and protect the door hinges and the inside of the fenders and headlights.

Again, thank you.

Thank you so much, 66Dvert!

So the inner splash shields are bolted on only, not welded anywhere? Are the two parts in the lower picture left and right or is the top part in the lower picture something else?

These are the parts that always rot out, right?

Well, if I can't find these part I guess I'll fab something up to try and protect the door hinges and the inside of the fenders and headlights.

Again, thank you.

Anders!

I checked and I have that center section with the rubber flare!!!

They look an awful lot like what I would need! And you have them! Looks like there are rubber pieces on them too?

Well, consider them sold!

Now I guess all I need are the rear ones. And the rubber but that can wait if they're being made now.

Here are proper (?) pictures of my car and a few parts I don't know what they are.

1. Under radiator splash shield
2. Passenger side looking at door hinge
3. Passenger side looking at headlight bucket
4. Driver's side looking at door hinge
5. Driver's side looking at headlight bucket
6. Brackets I don't know where they go
7. Rubber pieces, roughly 3 feet long I haven't figured out yet
8. Brackets that I think may be the front fender brackets toolmanmike mentioned

Attachments

• 2015-10-13 08.14.03.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 72
  • 2015-10-13 08.14.43.jpg