front parking brake cable

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
I need to replace the front parking brake cable on my 65 barracuda. Looking at different auto parts suppliers and can only find the rear cables. Mine is rusty. I have sprayed nut buster type products on the adjustment area, but can't break it loose where the equalizer is located. If I could remove and soak it I may be able to break it loose. Any ideas

I need to replace the front parking brake cable on my 65 barracuda. Looking at different auto parts suppliers and can only find the rear cables. Mine is rusty. I have sprayed nut buster type products on the adjustment area, but can't break it loose where the equalizer is located. If I could remove and soak it I may be able to break it loose. Any ideas

Take it off the parking brake lever and at the buttom. Put the wire in a cag of diesel when it starts to free up move the wire in/out til is goes smooth. Then put it in a cag with oil and let it soak for a day or two.

Woila, it will be as new again!

Thanks, I am concerned about the rusty cable, but more about the adjustment. I have rebuilt the brakes and the rear e brake cable, but can't get the adjustment nut to loosen.I'll give this a shot.

Thanks, I am concerned about the rusty cable, but more about the adjustment. I have rebuilt the brakes and the rear e brake cable, but can't get the adjustment nut to loosen.I'll give this a shot.

Try to heat the nut. If you dont have torches try map gas it is a yellow bottle and used as a hand held propane torch is.

Thanks. I'll try soaking first. Wish I had more time. Would really like to finish this project. Planning on retiring in January, so will work part time. Have more time and less money. I think I have everything I need to finish though.

-
Back