Front suspension on a drag car

-

swifter

Reaction score
Is there any advantage to a coil over front suspension on a 10 sec. drag car????? Steve

six cylinder torsion bars and 90/10 shocks..and soild or the new Teflon bushings..is what I have run.with the wheels 4ft. in the air running 9.00s and have seen cars run well into the 8s with them.................if that's a help......Artie:thumblef::thumblef::thumblef:

the weight savings are very small. i did the convertion minus the k menber and the weight savings in not worth the money. My Afco doubles are heavy and spoiled the weight savings.
if i was to do it again i would tube chassic the whole car with a strut from end.

keep the torsion bars...get a set of RMS upper control arms with the heim joints...and a set of RMS adjustable strut rods...get rid of the heavy disc brakes with aftermarket strange disc brakes...get a good set of front shocks....

about simple as can be...

What Tony said...Thats the ticket:thumblef:

keep the torsion bars...get a set of RMS upper control arms with the heim joints...and a set of RMS adjustable strut rods...get rid of the heavy disc brakes with aftermarket strange disc brakes...get a good set of front shocks....

Thanks for the input guy's--Lot's more questions to come --LOL-Steve

whats to gain with RMS uppers over firmfeel's? just the heim joints?

-
Back