Front tire dilemma

-
The 15 x 6.5 big bolt factory ralley wheels have a 4 1/4 backspace. Same backspace as a 15 x 7 big bolt factory ralley wheel.
The 1/2 inch difference is all on the front , that's why a 15 x 7 ralley wheel trim ring will not fit a 15 x 6.5 ralley wheel. I don't like anything wider than a 15 x 6.5 wheel on the front of an A-body , anything else sets out too far...

Frank

The 15 x 6.5 big bolt factory ralley wheels have a 4 1/4 backspace. Same backspace as a 15 x 7 big bolt factory ralley wheel.
The 1/2 inch difference is all on the front , that's why a 15 x 7 ralley wheel trim ring will not fit a 15 x 6.5 ralley wheel. I don't like anything wider than a 15 x 6.5 wheel on the front of an A-body , anything else sets out too far...

Frank

You said sets out too far, what problems or issues would that cause? In my case I made a 14x7" 3.5" backspace rim wheel fit on all 4 using P245 60 R14, due to not having better backspace this set up did fit on rear almost zero clearance, had to cut 0.5" inner fender lips for clearance and on front I had to pull front fenders a bit out replacing front fender strut braces for longer ones.
Setting front height in the middle from upper and lower stops, it seems that it will not rub anywhere by bouncing up and down no shocks... except maybe in extreme cases, will see, but now wonder how tire wear will be.

View attachment 1715304886

2' is a bunch , I`ve pulled them out about an 1" -1 1/4" .
Maybe crack paint .???
Took long but now running... I pulled the front of the fenders 2" and about 0.3" above the front tire.

Screenshot_20190602-131126_Gallery.jpg

-
Back