Front valance

-

Tadams

Tadams
Reaction score
While removing the front end parts on a 65 Barracuda, The passenger side was unbolted and removed. The drivers side has the valance welded to the front. I should use a grinder to remove the weld and replace the valance, is that the correct method.
Also the valance has several holes in it. Where could I find a replacement for this. Getting ready to paint soon, so would like to take care of this step before hand.
Thanks

I don't know the specifics of a 65 barracuda, but it should unbolt I think, unless it was a repair of some sort. if so, yes drilling and or grinding the welds makes sense. I would also consider welding patches in for the holes if you cant find another valence. You could even weld two halves together to make one if you have to. Welders save many a body panel. Good luck.

Don't toss that valance until you have another. They are extremely hard to find. You are looking for a 64/65 Barracuda. I have seen a 64/65 Valiant valance used with slight modification. Valiant's had the turn signals integrated into the valance. You can cut away the turn signal mount easily and it looks good on the Barracuda but not original if that matters to you.

There is currently only one company that I know of repopping this part and it is only in fiberglass. They tend to take a beating so unless you don't plan to drive it on the street, I'd look for a steel replacement.

US Body Source; http://www.usbody.com/pages_cars/64-barracuda.htm
They call is a "lower grill pan" ? If they called it a valance, they might have more people find the part.? Lower grill pan? What?

If someone would make this part in steel, they would sell a bundle!

I unbolted the one side, but the drivers side has a weld that is quite visible . There are some holes in this one as well. I thought possible just removing the fender with this attatched
. Lower grill pan works, I wasn't sure

-
Back