Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddler

Project EH-Body
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Contact seller
I had some hydroboost conversion brackets made up for my build. I've got extra's to help people out.

With these brackets you can buy a hydroboost of a GMC Safari or Chevy Astrovan. It's as simple as changing out the brackets and bolting up the hydroboost.

If you don't know what hydroboost is, think hydralic assist instead of vacuum assist for brakes. You can run huge cams, gain some extra space for Hemi swaps and keel power brakes. Losts of pics floating around on these forums about it.

Here's a few pictures:

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1635.jpg

I'll update this thread with better pictures in the future.

Other's sell these brackets for much more. I've seen them for $79.95 or more plus shipping.

I'm offering these for $45.00 shipped. Canadian or American, doesn't matter. I accept many forms of payment, just ask.

Riddler

runs off power steering pump pressure if anyone is asking......much smaller than the vacuum diaphragm for you big block guys.

What if you don't have power steering? Do they still work if the pump is only running the brake booster?

Dang did this conversion back in april spent about $900 on it... Oh well, I'm happy with it.. Very good price, I'm surprised u still have many of these....

If they do ok I've thought about keeping some on hand and opening an online store.

Anyone know if the bolt patterns on B-C-E bodies have the same bolt pattern for the brake booster to the firewall?

Riddler

You forget to mention the primary reason for the hydro post unit. It's the only way to get adequate line pressure for 4 wheel disc systems.

I'm willing to let the first three brackets go for $35 shipped to help get more pictures, info about them.

The first three that I sell to FABO members I'll reduce in cost.

Riddler

If they do ok I've thought about keeping some on hand and opening an online store.

Anyone know if the bolt patterns on B-C-E bodies have the same bolt pattern for the brake booster to the firewall?

Riddler

In making my '67 2 dr post Coronet my daughter's high school car, I converted it's manual drums to discs.
I found it had a straight pushrod from the pedal to the master instead of the under dash linkage to change the ratio to the booster found in the power brake cars.
Using an A body underhood linkage and power booster bracket changed the ratio for the boosted brakes and bolted directly in place of the manual master, allowing me to use the A body booster. The later B body disc brake master from the same donor as the calipers simply bolted to the A body booster.

My guess from all this is, yes, your conversion bracket should bolt anywhere a previous four bolt master was, but if you are starting with a manual brake car, you'll need to do like I did (use the firewall side A body booster bracket and linkage to change the pedal ratio) before mounting your adaptor bracket.

Cool bracket!!! What a great idea i've never heard of this swap, AR engineering might buy the idea off of you!

In making my '67 2 dr post Coronet my daughter's high school car, I converted it's manual drums to discs.
I found it had a straight pushrod from the pedal to the master instead of the under dash linkage to change the ratio to the booster found in the power brake cars.
Using an A body underhood linkage and power booster bracket changed the ratio for the boosted brakes and bolted directly in place of the manual master, allowing me to use the A body booster. The later B body disc brake master from the same donor as the calipers simply bolted to the A body booster.

My guess from all this is, yes, your conversion bracket should bolt anywhere a previous four bolt master was, but if you are starting with a manual brake car, you'll need to do like I did (use the firewall side A body booster bracket and linkage to change the pedal ratio) before mounting your adaptor bracket.

Have to admit, I'm not sure why you would do that. Unless I remember incorrectly, the additional linkage actually reduces the leverage of the brake pedal, you would have better brakes without it.

I found his website and it looks like he sells adapters to go from 4 bolt to 2 bolt masters and they work for A, B, C and E bodies.

This means mine will work for those same bodies.

Riddler

Still got lots of these. These work for any engine but the 3rd gen hemi. I do have a fix I'm working on for that engine. I'll have some new brackets for them soon.

Riddler

There's a large threaded nut and a snap ring. If your looking for a bracket for a 3rd gen hemi I'm working on a new one. Should have it ready soon.

Riddler

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back