Fuel cell installation question

-
Reaction score
I have a 74 scamp and im doing a fuel cell.i bought a 15 gallon aluminum cell from summit racing. i hear some people cut the tire well out but i dont know where to go from there. it would be a great help if anyone could post some pics or links to some other builds of this nature. any info is much appreciated. thanks again guys.john

pick up some aluminum strips to run long ways parallel to the car....mount the cell in the same position as the above guys avatar...overhanging the spare tire well, but it'll be supported by the aluminum strips..then run a 90 degree -8 fitting out of the sump on the cell, and straight down out the factory rubber gromet thats in the tire well for drainage. i have a74 swinger which should have the same trunk setup as your scamp...i can take u some cell phone pics on friday if no one can do better for ya. until then this is the best i got of mine. PM me if ya need more

Here's mine

DSC00593.jpg

DSC00597.jpg

I have a 10-gallon cell and it fits right down in a mopar spare tire well, I'd already cut my spare tire well out so I had to weld in a box for the cell to sit in because I'm using my stock outside filler pipe to fill the cell..

Pic of mine after I redone truck floor for it, If I had known a 10-gallon cell fits the spare tire well I'd never cut it out..

attachment.php

I picked up a new Jaz quick filll top for my cell off ebay for like 10 bucks, my factory filler pipe will hook up to it..

My trunk was rotted out and when we redid it I left the spare well out. Mark

Attachments

• AAAA0090.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC00747.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 204
  • DSC00647.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00665.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 182
Which 10 gallon fuel cell fits the spare tire well? I'm about to purchase one.

-
Back