fuel injection

-

homeboysduster

Reaction score
it has been a long time sense I have been on!!! but, is there a big block made that can be made to take fuel injectors?

Do you mean multi-port injectors? If so, I don't know of any inexpensive options. Most are "roll your own" manifold mod.s (I can't access Hilborn site above). If you are happy with Throttle Body Injection, there are several options - Holley's Pro-jection (old), Commander 950, or Avenger. There are also kits made from GM TBI parts. There was no factory TBI for the big block that I know of (production ended in early 80's?).

You can inject just about anything from a Brigss and Stratton up. Many many ways to approach the problem

The new Holley HP/ Dominator/ etc stuff has versions that can be programmed with a handheld device and are "self learning," or you can piece stuff together using Ferd, or GM ECU Lots of dope.

Wander over to the "binder planet" where many guys have modified IHC engines using GM ECUs,

or Google up "Megasquirt"

http://www.diyautotune.com/?gclid=CNuY4Ku55rUCFe9aMgodrQYACA

buy that and put injectors where the hose are. Look up BMW M3 throttle body....they look like these but 6 inline...Yuu could actually keep the hoses but fasten them onto the tops of the injectors like the 300Z's
10812420_l.jpg

or just grab all the stuff off a 460 Ford EFI motor and graft it to to your 440.

I already have MS2 extra with a 357 board. it is set up for both crank and cam sensors. if i have to I can build one but I'm a little lazy!!! So if I can buy an intake that I can install my injectors into then that will be better.I do like the Edelbrock Pro-flo XT EFI Intake Manifold 7144

You can inject just about anything from a Brigss and Stratton up. Many many ways to approach the problem

The new Holley HP/ Dominator/ etc stuff has versions that can be programmed with a handheld device and are "self learning," or you can piece stuff together using Ferd, or GM ECU Lots of dope.

Wander over to the "binder planet" where many guys have modified IHC engines using GM ECUs,

or Google up "Megasquirt"

http://www.diyautotune.com/?gclid=CNuY4Ku55rUCFe9aMgodrQYACA

http://www.binderplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47254

Heres the link to the Binder Planet forum. Bill Hamilton is a stand up guy and will answer questions and is a member of this forum too. He has helped me with my TBI install. He also details how to perform port injection installs and mods necessary for most engines including 8, 6 and 4 cylinder engines.

well what I am thinking about is MPFI. I don't want to use a carb intake that has been modded for fuel injection. I think I am going to have to build my own intake so I can get the injector pointing the way I want.

:burnout:Mine Autronic EFI system, Bosch Motorsport injectors , twin 044 Bosch pumps
60mm butterflies drives crisp, clean and mean !

11.2 @ 119 MPH 1.54 60'

Attachments

• image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 469
:burnout:Mine Autronic EFI system, Bosch Motorsport injectors , twin 044 Bosch pumps
60mm butterflies drives crisp, clean and mean !

11.2 @ 119 MPH 1.54 60'
I have to admit I like your set-up the best so far!!!! I am looking at building a intake that gives a hint of a 6 pack!! or in my case an 8 pack!!!!!

I have to admit I like your set-up the best so far!!!! I am looking at building a intake that gives a hint of a 6 pack!! or in my case an 8 pack!!!!!

Lol check out the sticker I had made up when I got my beast on the road back in 2006' this will get you and the guys talkin.
All the best !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 397
-
Back