Fuel pressure gauge

-

Joker13

Reaction score
I recently replaced my thermaquad with a Demon. After the thermaquad was rebuilt it was flooding really bad. Fuel pressure was tested as around 7psi which from what I read was high for a thermaquad- however it ran with that pressure for years. So, I decided to try the Demon- Damn that opened up something to give me a ton of power. But now I am curious about the pressure.

Seeking advice on type of gauge, where to place it, are they only able to be mounted in engine compartment? Is there a type to read in the car? Any dos/donts etc are appreciated.

I recently replaced my thermaquad with a Demon. After the thermaquad was rebuilt it was flooding really bad. Fuel pressure was tested as around 7psi which from what I read was high for a thermaquad- however it ran with that pressure for years. So, I decided to try the Demon- Damn that opened up something to give me a ton of power. But now I am curious about the pressure.

Seeking advice on type of gauge, where to place it, are they only able to be mounted in engine compartment? Is there a type to read in the car? Any dos/donts etc are appreciated.
From my experience, if you put a gauge under the hood, the gauge will get hot and read erratically. BUT I have one that I use, under the hood. So........

If you run the gauge in the car you need an isolater. Don't do it any other way.

Cheap way is find an old Stewart Warner non oil filled at a swap meet. If you mount under the hood you can use a go pro and make a few pulls to see if the pump can keep up.

i would like to find an electric gauge, so i can mount it where ever and not need to pipe fuel there

I don't think I've ever seen an electric fuel pressure gauge. That doesn't mean there isn't one, I've just never seen one.
autometer makes em
(and im sure others do to)

i just dont wanna fork out $200 for a single gauge
(unless its a 12 gauge)

autometer makes em
(and im sure others do to)

i just dont wanna fork out $200 for a single gauge
(unless its a 12 gauge)

Damn. 2 hundred bucks for a fuel pressure gauge? Are you sure that is for a carb application or is it for EFI pressures?

-
Back