Fuel Pump Block off Plate Install ?????

-

Speedotann

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I put on a new elec fuel pump due to massive vapor lock problem with my Mech Carter. Now that it is fixed... I need to take the Carter off and put a plate on. I have one but do I need to drain oil or anything other than just removing the pump, cleaning the surface and reinstall the plate?

Thanks
Brian

Disconnect battery cable. Take one bolt out of altenater brakt and rotate the altenater up and out of your way. Beware damaging the dipstick tube or wiring.
Just 2 pump bolts to R&R, clean surface, sealant and/or gasket. Done

Nope. Take off the pump, bolt on the plate. Simple.

X2 very simple you can even reuse the bolts that hold the factory pumps on,

and to those wondering where they can get a used block off plate cheap- all 1988-1993 dodge trucks with v8's came with them, they will bolt right up to any /6 or v8 dodge and can be had cheaply :read2:

and to those wondering where they can get a used block off plate cheap- all 1988-1993 dodge trucks with v8's came with them, they will bolt right up to any /6 or v8 dodge and can be had cheaply :read2:

Or if you want a prettier looking one, part number 12-813 at autozone is what I just picked up for $10. Comes with gaskets too.

You could throw a tether/anchor/strap on the dipstick tube while there if so inclinded or is it enclined ? inclined ?
Have fun.

Less than 10 minutes? Oh, that can't be right. You better take it off, double-check everything and do it again. Did you torque the bolts down correctly? Are you sure you used the bolts in the correct holes? Did you cut yourself and bleed over it? Our cars demand blood-sacrifices on all repairs! LOL.
Yeah, one of the simple jobs. Don't you wish they were all like this?

Less than 10 minutes? Oh, that can't be right. You better take it off, double-check everything and do it again. Did you torque the bolts down correctly? Are you sure you used the bolts in the correct holes? Did you cut yourself and bleed over it? Our cars demand blood-sacrifices on all repairs! LOL.
Yeah, one of the simple jobs. Don't you wish they were all like this?

I thought you where serious for about 2 seconds! LoL I was thinking... "Here we go again" Bolts in the right holes!!!! CLASSIC! I actually did cut my hand!

I thought you where serious for about 2 seconds! LoL I was thinking... "Here we go again" Bolts in the right holes!!!! CLASSIC! I actually did cut my hand!

the car will love you till the next repair since you made a blood sacrifice!

Just had to rattle another OC FABO members chain!

-
Back