Fuel pump wiring

-

elevensies

Reaction score
I'm wiring in my fuel pump, and had a thought

My car has a cut off isolator switch on the back, which has a cut off for alternator , my MSD also has been wired into the cut off switch too

There's 2 wires running to the msd and I wondered if I could wire my fuel bump into these wires at the rear of the cut off.

I used an Edelbrock relay wiring set up to run my Electric pump.

Got it all wired up, relay and switch to isolate it,
No oil pressure switch or inertia switch though
I will be looking into the inertia switch :)

I havent paid attention to "what all works" for inertia, but for years, the Ford Ranger switches were pretty easy.........

I solved all my problems by moving the sealed battery into the trunk, and running two wires to the front. A big fat starter cable and an isolation wire for the alt. Both go through the cut-off sw.
I never did need the electric pump tho.

my battery is in the trunk, and up until last race meeting didnt need a electric fuel pump, but now i have one in, and new fuel lines.

my issue was that i run a battery isolator switch on the rear, and it also has a live feed cut off for my MSD thats separate to all the other wires due to the MSD not liking any interrupted feed or spikes.
so managed to get around that issue by having a complete isolated live feed and switching/ cut off system via a relay (similar to crackedbacks pump wiring)

A very simple and easy to use inertia switch is the one found in the trunk of 2000 and up Fords. You just install it in series with the fuel pump relay control circuit. To test it, whap it with a screwdriver, the red button will pop up and open the circuit, push the button in and it resets. this is about as simple as it gets.

Attachments

• G switch 2 (800x600).jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 113
A very simple and easy to use inertia switch is the one found in the trunk of 2000 and up Fords. You just install it in series with the fuel pump relay control circuit. To test it, whap it with a screwdriver, the red button will pop up and open the circuit, push the button in and it resets. this is about as simple as it gets.

this is the switch i used its a nice basic design .

-
Back