Fuel Tank with relocated springs

-

roccodart440

Reaction score
If you have relocated springs you'll need to cut your tank or go with a cell to run your tailpipes out the back.

I did this using a hot rod city take that I cut to fit but when all was said and done it just didn't' hold enough fuel and I lost the sending unit.

I am putting one of these in in place. Haven't decided which one I want but both fit.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-18661

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/aei-18660

My springs are relocated with a stock tank & pipes out the back....

See if this helps....:)

Attachments

• Demon Exhaust 011.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 284
I made my own fuel cell out of stainless steel for half the price of those summit version.
I kept the fuel filler neck, stock fuel sender and have 20 gallons of fuel. (kind of thinking i could of gone bigger). I also have fuel baffles inside the tank.

I also made sure i welded some extra pipe plug inserts on the tank in case i decide to go fuel injection or something.
The only thing i would change with my tank is possibly going bigger and moving the one plug insert.
I put in the tti full lenght x exhaust and exit out at the bumper right beside the tank. cant find a picture of it but it worked out perfectly

This is a question that I was wondering about as well. I have moved the springs in on my 66 Dart and my exhaust will be 3". Im not sure if there is going to be enough space to run tailpipes as well. I would like to see pics of 6pk2goDemon that shows the entire bottom including going over the axles. Also what size exhaust are you running? Any one else have any pics of the tailpipes that have moved the springs in and kept a factory pipe.
Rod

This is a question that I was wondering about as well. I have moved the springs in on my 66 Dart and my exhaust will be 3". Im not sure if there is going to be enough space to run tailpipes as well. I would like to see pics of 6pk2goDemon that shows the entire bottom including going over the axles. Also what size exhaust are you running? Any one else have any pics of the tailpipes that have moved the springs in and kept a factory pipe.
Rod

very interested in a good solution for this

I run 3".

The TTI tails flare, they won't work under any circumstances.

Straight ones will if you cut the tank or run a cell.

Or you can do what 6pk2goDemon and I did and use an S pipe and go through the spring and run the tails down the outside of the rails. Mine hit the springs. You need the car to sit pretty high to have enough clearance to do this.

My car doesn't sit high, but my exhaust is only 2 1/4" and it never hits the springs. I'll see if I can get better pics this weekend....

My car doesn't sit high, but my exhaust is only 2 1/4" and it never hits the springs. I'll see if I can get better pics this weekend....

That is a subjective statement. 3/4 of an inch overall should make or break things. I run 3" and they hit quite a bit and they are run exactly the same as yours so either your car sits higher than mine or your damn close to touching. My car has been lowered 1.5" at the front shackle and doesn't have much arch to the springs.

If you have relocated springs you'll need to cut your tank or go with a cell to run your tailpipes out the back.

Had you actually read that thread you'd see why this post is here.

Don't get all poopy pants cuz you spent money on the changes, and didn't have to... lol

I was responding to your totally B.S. statement,, and posted the link to show you, and others who may take you seriously, - several other photos,, other than the single one posted, in an attempt to help,, but obviously I'm outta line,, forgive me,, that's why I seldom attend anymore,, tired of the same old ****..

hope it helps..

cheers... not

I was responding to your totally B.S. statement

Further down, in this thread, you see myself and another member mention another option. A 3rd option if you will. You can run the pipes through the springs. Depending on your suspension situation this may or may not work.

My car sits too low and has to little arch in the springs in addition to a lowering front shackle to get away with this. Mine hit.

-
Back