Full console

-

68'barracuda

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me about a full body console that runs from under the dash and hits the backseat. If you have could you please post pictures so I can have ideas. I've got one but it's a project and its not in the car. It's on a 66 polara

1966 charger console???...

1966-charger-interior-4buckets.jpg

An E-Body Console in an A-Body leaves about 2" between the back seat & console if you have the front of the console against the heater box.

Looks real good in an A-Body & blends in with the rest of the interior. The shifter, either a 4-speed or auto (if located in the stock opening of the E-body console) is in the perfect positon too.

An E-Body Console in an A-Body leaves about 2" between the back seat & console if you have the front of the console against the heater box.

Looks real good in an A-Body & blends in with the rest of the interior. The shifter, either a 4-speed or auto (if located in the stock opening of the E-body console) is in the perfect positon too.

Along with the slapstick shifter came a raised right side on that console. I'm guessing this was to keep the passenger off the shifter. Anyway... I don't like that console any more than the A-body console. Both are about useless.

This is really cool. Wonder if it as well as the seats would fit in an abody?

Having a console go up to the rear seat seems like a weird fit to me. You still have a middle seat but no leg room. however the charger style pictured below makes the rear a 2 seater.

1966 charger console???...

1966-charger-interior-4buckets.jpg

Some of the young ones have done similar in their ricers, 4 bucket seats and a end to end console.

May I assume you are looking for factory set-ups?
If not, that is the way i went. Racing buckets up front and the buckets out of a Cadillac CTS with built in seat belts in back.
The seats were installed first then the console was designed.
Andrew

Attachments

• Photo524.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 299
  • WP_000082.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 321
May I assume you are looking for factory set-ups?
If not, that is the way i went. Racing buckets up front and the buckets out of a Cadillac CTS with built in seat belts in back.
The seats were installed first then the console was designed.
Andrew

when did night rider become an abody, that thing is cool!

Thanks for the kudos, there is still a lot of work to do but its to the point others can now see the vision.
Andrew

2005, and I removed over 50 POUNDS of motors and frame and controllers in order to make them fit.
Andrew

-
Back