Fusible Link Tool Needed

-
Reaction score
My ignition switch grenaded and burned out the fusible link. Everything has been replaced except the fusible link. The old male spade connector needs to be removed before I can plug in the new fusible link. I need a tool to get the male spade connector out of the plug block.

All you need is a small "jewelers" style screwdriver and or small needle nose.

929895_primary_225px.jpg

The projection at the upper side of the photo is the retention. You need to push the terminal inwards towards the upper right so the tang is somewhat unloaded, then apply pressure to force the tang inwards towards the center and then just slide it out

All you need is a small "jewelers" style screwdriver and or small needle nose.

View attachment 1715798036

The projection at the upper side of the photo is the retention. You need to push the terminal inwards towards the upper right so the tang is somewhat unloaded, then apply pressure to force the tang inwards towards the center and then just slide it out
yes, I understand what must be done, but there is no room in the multiple connector for a screwdriver or needle nose. Is there a special tool available to remove this connector? The spade connector got hot enough to stick in the plug, which has 6 or 8 other spade connectors in it and is part of the car's wiring harness (which cannot be removed from the vehicle.

Something like this usually works. Made by Lisle Tools.

terminal release tool.jpg

yes, I understand what must be done, but there is no room in the multiple connector for a screwdriver or needle nose. Is there a special tool available to remove this connector? The spade connector got hot enough to stick in the plug, which has 6 or 8 other spade connectors in it and is part of the car's wiring harness (which cannot be removed from the vehicle.
You are going to have to show me a photo because the normal connectors I'm familiar with works fine

What exactly are you working on?

If the terminal melted in the housing its going to be a pain to get out. A small jewlers screwdriver usually works just fine. if its the bulkhead connector it may help to remove the foam seal in there so you can see what your doing.

I’ve always used a very small flat screwdriver for this. Let’s see a pic of what you’re working.

If you have to replace the whole bulkhead connector because the plastic melted to the connector, you can get those from Dante's. Why can't the connector be removed from the bulkhead?

I deleted the fusible links on my last wiring mess, made it so much less of a mess.
I incorporated an underhood fuse box with MAXI fuses to replace the fusible links.

-
Back