Future of collector cars

-
So how many on FABO right now making an awesome ride out of what was NOT a 60s high performance"muscle" car?? How many slant and 318 cars being built into superstar status? High HP engines, new interior, new paint, new etc!????? Just wondering and asking for my friend Bubba
You lost me.....what's your point?

When I was 15, I had a sohc 100cc Honda. During an all day ride and racing flat track style in a large field, the engine started having problems. A lot of the oil had splashed out the vent hose. I took it apart. The piston and cylinder were scored. Had it bored, replaced piston and rings, bolted it all together. On the road again. Just had a way of figuring out things.
When I was 17, best friend and another friend were changing plug wires on his 67 Dart and got confused. I went to the local gas station and asked about firing order. He handed me a book so I could look it up. I quickly memorized 18436572 and returned to my friends Dart. I took off all the plug wires and started from scratch. He then fired it up and they were amazed. That's how I became the go-to for some of my friends.
I didn't really like working on cars but it seemed to be where I ended up a lot.

Look at a normal use 5 year old modern domestic POS car and the whole thing is coming undone.....the interiors look like they have had 25 years of abuse.......they are overpriced cheap pieces of **** that will not be around in 20 years and for the most part will not be collected either and because they are junk will rightfully so be in the junk yards.

Trash owners are trash owners no matter what decade we are in. I see more 10 year old 100,000+ mile cars that look almost new out on a daily basis. Sure beats those 60' and 70's cars that barley made it 100,000 miles and we're rusty hulks by that age.

Trash owners are trash owners no matter what decade we are in. I see more 10 year old 100,000+ mile cars that look almost new out on a daily basis. Sure beats those 60' and 70's cars that barley made it 100,000 miles and we're rusty hulks by that age.
You really don't know what you don't know do you? LOL

Wrong......the cost of keeping a modern vehicle in full functioning condition will prohibit that kind of thinking moving forward.......ONLY the very very few quote unquote modern collectable cars will be sought after and those type cars aren't the ones being driven daily.

Difference is the kids coming up that will want these cars know how to work on all the computer stuff. Hell they are easily going 200,000 miles with minimal maintenance these days.

Difference is the kids come Ng up that will want these cars know how to work on all the computer stuff. Hell they are easily going 200,000 miles with minimal maintenance these days.
Oh my gosh...please stop...LOL

I have watched my now 17 year old nephew over the last 5 years teach himself how to play guitar….like the entire led zeppelin collection…build a custom guitar from scratch…rebuild a dirt bike that I would have put in the garbage…rebuild a vintage snowmobile even though he could ride a new one from his dads fleet…now he has picked up a rusty 68 Valiant…I asked him how is he going to figure out how to fix it…he said just like everything else… watch YouTube videos and learn…I’ll bet money his car will be finished before 90% current project cars on this site get done…

I have watched my now 17 year old nephew over the last 5 years teach himself how to play guitar….like the entire led zeppelin collection…build a custom guitar from scratch…rebuild a dirt bike that I would have put in the garbage…rebuild a vintage snowmobile even though he could ride a new one from his dads fleet…now he has picked up a rusty 68 Valiant…I asked him how is he going to figure out how to fix it…he said just like everything else… watch YouTube videos and learn…I’ll bet money his car will be finished before 90% current project cars on this site get done…

Yes, the youth of today do it differently. I know a kid heading off to college next year. Wicked smart and self taught about Robotics. Went from knowing nothing about Robotics to team captain for a local school that never got to compete in any Robotics competition due to Covid..... Full scholarship and can do anything he puts his mind to. Has saved more money than I ever dreamed up when I was his age. If people think our youth are weak and useless, they are in for a surprise..... But someone like him has zero use for IC and is all about EV. Change of times.

JW

Yes, the youth of today do it differently. I know a kid heading off to college next year. Wicked smart and self taught about Robotics. Went from knowing nothing about Robotics to team captain for a local school that never got to compete in any Robotics competition due to Covid..... Full scholarship and can do anything he puts his mind to. Has saved more money than I ever dreamed up when I was his age. If people think our youth are weak and useless, they are in for a surprise..... But someone like him has zero use for IC and is all about EV. Change of times.

JW

Agreed. The kids today are so smart. Hell even the dumb ones are smarter then most kids were 30 years ago. It's just in different things.

Agreed. The kids today are so smart. Hell even the dumb ones are smarter then most kids were 30 years ago. It's just in different things.
Thanks for the laughs this morning....LOL....the youth of today are so pathetically ignorant with zero common sense that I could give them 2 nuts and tell them to put these together and they would stare at it for hours trying to figure out how to screw the one onto the other........GIVE ME A BREAK LOL

Thanks for the laughs this morning....LOL....the youth of today are so pathetically ignorant with zero common sense that I could give them 2 nuts and tell them to put these together and they would stare at it for hours trying to figure out how to screw the one onto the other........GIVE ME A BREAK LOL

What a clueless troll.

In regards to classic cars and gasoline, I am concerned for the future of both.
The concern is very real. There are factions within the government who's goal is the slow elimination of older gas powered vehicles (The 20 year IC Powered Automobile rule), which removes from the roles of Registration and insurance any internal combustion engine vehicle that is 21 years or older.
If that gains traction and takes effect, there will be no "Collector Car Industry", outside of museum pieces. I suppose there will be concessions made from hybrids when the time allows, but even they will eventually fall prey.

It's not like we didn't see this coming If you gave it, even, a little thought you'd know that something like this is inevitable. Before the rise of the "Green Militants", I actually did expect something like this to eventually happen, but I thought it would be the result of attrition, rather than government mandates based far more on politics than facts.

Yeah well maybe he will break the mold of all the other MILLIONS of worthless **** for brains millennial bloodsuckers who plead to the government to forego their student loans and stick it up the tax payers asses because they are too much of a pile of **** to pay it on their own.......I could provide several hundred more examples of the pathetic failures of the youth that MEN are having to deal with if you need them

Yeah well maybe he will break the mold of all the other MILLIONS of worthless **** for brains millennial bloodsuckers who plead to the government to forego their student loans and stick it up the tax payers asses because they are too much of a pile of **** to pay it on their own.......I could provide several hundred more examples of the pathetic failures of the youth that MEN are having to deal with if you need them

Boy someone must have done some real damage to you somewhere along the line. To live with so much hate must really suck. I almost feel sorry for you.

Boy someone must have done some real damage to you somewhere along the line. To live with so much hate must really suck. I almost feel sorry for you.
I live in the world of harsh reality......like paying over a thousand dollars a month for 1 person to have health insurance at 50 years old.......why is that you say? Because of worthless bloodsuckers, I paid over 55k last year in taxes for 1 guy........why so much you say? Because of worthless bloodsuckers and our moronic government giving them my money!!!! I could care less that your head is in some fantasy land of unicorns and fairy tales but mine isn't and I call it EXACTLY LIKE I SEE IT!!!!

-
Back