Future of collector cars

-
The concern is very real. There are factions within the government who's goal is the slow elimination of older gas powered vehicles (The 20 year IC Powered Automobile rule), which removes from the roles of Registration and insurance any internal combustion engine vehicle that is 21 years or older.
If that gains traction and takes effect, there will be no "Collector Car Industry", outside of museum pieces. I suppose there will be concessions made from hybrids when the time allows, but even they will eventually fall prey.

It's not like we didn't see this coming If you gave it, even, a little thought you'd know that something like this is inevitable. Before the rise of the "Green Militants", I actually did expect something like this to eventually happen, but I thought it would be the result of attrition, rather than government mandates based far more on politics than facts.

Yep, just like a situation currently in the country if people think the Government can't inject policies to shut down IC they need to pay attention. IMO they are going to make the cost of Gasoline and additional taxes raised to a point that it won't make sense to have IC any longer. But that's 15 years out. It's all about getting the batteries sorted out....

JW

Yep, just like a situation currently in the country if people think the Government can't inject policies to shut down IC they need to pay attention. IMO they are going to make the cost of Gasoline and additional taxes raised to a point that it won't make sense to have IC any longer. But that's 15 years out. It's all about getting the batteries sorted out....

JW
There is another idea afloat regarding batteries, and a way to speed up the recharging time to compete with refilling your gas tank. It's battery swapping.
Manufacturers placing batteries in a removable tray, that is common to all vehicles, is one way. You pull into a battery station the same way as you'd pull into a gas station... instead of filling your tank. you simply swap out battery pack ( trays). The process takes about 15 minutes and you're back on the road.

Of course the mindset of EV's would need to be adjusted... Instead of buying a battery pack that stays with your vehicle until it needs to be changed, you'd have to understand that the battery pack is a commodity, just like gasoline. You get a full tank when you buy a new car, after that, it's on you... Same with batteries, you get a fully charged pack when you buy the car, after that it's on you. In that light, the cost of EV should become a little less, too, in that you're not "buying" the battery pack with the car, You're buying the interchangeable tray that the batteries come in (just like you buy the gas tank with your car, but the manufacturer doesn't give you the gas.. The dealer will give you a full tank ( battery) when you purchase the car, after that, it's on you.
Essentially You do not own the batteries. When they are dead, they get swapped out for freshly charged batteries.
As a result, you, as the car owner, will never have to replace the batteries in your EV, as they aren't yours to begin with.

That seems to be the most feasible alternate. Of course, if you don't mind spending the additional charge time, you can simply own the batteries, and recharge as you would now.

Personally, I see some sort of hybrid arrangement, where both systems are applied.
Perhaps personally owned cars get recharged, and fleet vehicles and rental cars get battery swaps.

I live in the world of harsh reality......like paying over a thousand dollars a month for 1 person to have health insurance at 50 years old.......why is that you say? Because of worthless bloodsuckers, I paid over 55k last year in taxes for 1 guy........why so much you say? Because of worthless bloodsuckers and our moronic government giving them my money!!!! I could care less that your head is in some fantasy land of unicorns and fairy tales but mine isn't and I call it EXACTLY LIKE I SEE IT!!!!

sorry for your mental illness.. i'll leave ya go hate allover the place if that makes you feel better.

Back about 2008 when the economy was in the toilet and I lived out in Missouri, I had a reoccuring dream, night after night. I had to ride the horse and lead a pack horse, that 12 mi. to the grocery store. Yes was cold an snowing. When I got there I had to find stump to get off and on with.
Yep I have to have a stomp today.

Electric cars are coming in some form. Right now they are still a small minority of the market.

Some info from a search.
A BloombergNEF study reveals that the global electric vehicle market size and adoption will grow in the long run. The report shows that electric vehicles (EVs) currently make up only 3% of car sales worldwide. By 2025 electric vehicles (EVs) will reach 10% of global passenger vehicle sales, growing to 28% in 2030 and 58% by 2040.

If the above numbers are close, about 60% of car sales in about 20 years? Doesn’t sound like something that I will care about at 66.

Remember Model Ts, gassers & street rods? Who wants them now? Do you see any at car shows? Mostly museum pieces I guess. The generation that cared about them is about gone. Our cars will be around for awhile yet, then a similar thing will happen. Get prepared for a lot more rice rockets.

Just my opinion…..

The market on old cars go up and down like the stock market.
Model T's I was at a car action for the public, a widower was selling 5 completly restored, super nice model t's.
The most one of them brought was $1500, it was sad, you could tell by the quality of the cars, the old guy had alot of hrs in them, but the market just was not there that day.
I should have bought one of them, but felt real sorry for the old lady that had to sell, her husbands pride and joys for pocket change.

EV this EV that. BULL ****. I'll tell you when EVs will take over. When ALL FIVE HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE members of congress will get on EV airplanes and fly across the country, that's when EV travel will be a reality. Ain't happenin in our lifetime.
Love it Brother Rob!

Agreed. The kids today are so smart. Hell even the dumb ones are smarter then most kids were 30 years ago. It's just in different things.

I wouldn't be so sure. The dumb ones are smarter than most kids were 30 years ago? I doubt it. I think kids 30 years ago were just as intelligent as anyone today.

There’s really no historical precedent so we’ll have to wait and see. I don’t think any of us should be worried though. The US government is bought and paid for by the oil industry, so internal combustion engines aren’t going away anytime soon. Relax.

I know a "kid" who is 24 yeas old. He is "retired" from building race cars now. He bought a little track hoe and a little ranch and dose odd jobs for fun. Right now he is building a power wagon. When its done he expects to get 300,000 for it.

When he talks about building cars, I listen.

So there are smart kids out there.

There’s really no historical precedent so we’ll have to wait and see. I don’t think any of us should be worried though. The US government is bought and paid for by the oil industry, so internal combustion engines aren’t going away anytime soon. Relax.
Maybe before the Globalist NWO aka WEF and more than likely commies run the end game.

The youth are stupid and useless and should be thought of and treated that way until they can prove themselves otherwise

I grew up in the 60’s/70’s. That is exactly what they said about us!! I think my generation proved itself, and this one will too.

Do your research. The current generation is the most educated in history.

Supercapicators will replace batteries.

I dont care if a Fri night cruise cost me $100, Ill still do it.

Classic cars are a work of art to be cherished

Do your research. The current generation is the most educated in history.

Supercapicators will replace batteries.

I dont care if a Fri night cruise cost me $100, Ill still do it.

Classic cars are a work If at, to be cherished
Really??? Then why are more of these losers still at home sucking on mommy's tit and don't have and or can't keep a job? Also why all the talk of student loan forgiveness to these pukes???? THEY ARE **** AND YOU KNOW IT.....

-
Back