FYI for early A parts or whole cars....

-

AbodyTim

Reaction score
In case you didn't know (I didn't) Wildcat in Oregon has a pretty fair selection of early A cars and parts with what appears to be reasonable prices.
https://www.wildcatmopars.com/

Ran across a video on youtube of someone visiting the yard (bored since I'm laid up for 4 more weeks after shoulder surgery). Think it was Shade Tree Auto or something similar. Video showed more whole cars than the website lists. They have a '65 Valiant V8 for $1800 but I have no idea on actual condition. Wish they were closer.
I knew they had later 60s-70s cars but did not know they had such a variety.

I live close and I've been out there several times and I think if I'm not mistaken the places for sale... There's a large portion of those old a body earlier models that have been laying there in the dirt for a long long time... I've seen some decent deals on whole cars, but parts oh boy you're going to pay double at least...
Nice people... Fun to walk around the place and see all the possibilities...
Remember they have a clear understanding of the value of this stuff and are in it for the profit so if it's $1,800 it's probably a $900 car...

I have dealt with them many times. Good people. I have got some odd hard to find parts from them. Yes it may cost a bit more, but if they call you back and say they have it... they do in fact have it.

I have gotten some Early A parts from Desert Valley as well. (A grille and lower 1/4/trunk drops for my 66.) I got good parts and they were good folks to work with.

I have dealt with them many times. Good people. I have got some odd hard to find parts from them. Yes it may cost a bit more, but if they call you back and say they have it... they do in fact have it.
Yes like I said nice people and a bit more was pretty friendly LOL... I haven't came across a part they didn't have but with a little patience I've always found it for half the price...

I will second everything that @j par has said. Been there many times, bought some parts that I NEEDED, but with some patience can find way better deals on. I've asked to buy some of the "good " cars but was told not for sale.

I bought a 65 Vaillant front valence from Wild Cat and had it shipped up to Canada.
They were awesome to deal with and sent exact pics of the part I was buying, great place to deal with.

:eek: I remember back when I first got a computer in 1997, and discovered Moparts.com, there was a guy on there who worked at Wildcat. 4 speed fanatic- Dennis I think?

I have a hard time believing that price, unless it's thoroughly roached.

About 15 years ago I contacted them about a fender for my 66 Coronet.

They wanted $699 plus freight shipping, and wouldn't budge on price.

A year later I bought a super nice one at Ivester's in NC, for $300.

I had purchased the other side locally for $75, but knew 250-300 was about right for retail.

I have a hard time believing that price, unless it's thoroughly roached.

About 15 years ago I contacted them about a fender for my 66 Coronet.

They wanted $699 plus freight shipping, and wouldn't budge on price.

A year later I bought a super nice one at Ivester's in NC, for $300.

I had purchased the other side locally for $75, but knew 250-300 was about right for retail.
Again I'll never dispute that they're really nice people and easy to deal with and friendly. But when I'm stuck on what something should cost I always call them and know that it should be half of what they say so I know what to sell my parts for...

I’ve been told here recently that Ed, the owner has it up for sale.

They were at Spring Fling...could have asked them myself if this was posted last friday.

Always good to hear first-hand knowledge about a place. :thumbsup: That's why I said I wish they were closer so I could look over the whole cars just to see what kind of shape they were in. :)
I remember Dennis but can't remember what became of him. Lot of folks have come and gone in the 20+ years I've been a member at Moparts.

Seems like I remember one of the mods gave him a little vacation for something, and he got mad and never came back. It may have been when he posted about how bad the Bayer Boys cheated him on a car or parts. Been a long time and I can't remember. :realcrazy:

They were at Spring Fling...could have asked them myself if this was posted last friday.

Yeah, Vanessa was there but probably on her dime. She’s good people and knows Mopars.

Always good to hear first-hand knowledge about a place. :thumbsup: That's why I said I wish they were closer so I could look over the whole cars just to see what kind of shape they were in. :)
I remember Dennis but can't remember what became of him. Lot of folks have come and gone in the 20+ years I've been a member at Moparts.

Dennis has suffered many losses over the years. First, he lost his best friend, his wife which devastated him. After that things snowballed. He suffered a stroke not long after his wife passed. He lost his home and his worldly possessions. He spent several years in a nursing home. Last time I talked to Ed Dennis was living with his mom about 5 miles from the yard. I lost track of Dennis. The man had many physical issues that overtook his life.

-
Back