FYI - Thief in our midst

-

Redeye

Reaction score
Welp as SGBARRACUDA said in his post, time to vent. I also agree with MEMIKE, that is not good policy and we do need to know who does business this way, I wish someone had warned me about this member. I've waited over a month now for some spindles I bought off of a member here for $125.00. He acknowledged receiving the money order I mailed him and said he had a wreck on 04/04/09 which broke his arm. He told me that he was going to get someone else to pull the spindles and get them off to me. I was like no problem man, sorry to hear about the wreck. This is a direct quote of what he sent me 04/10/09 after telling him no biggie and sorry:
thanks again and im gonna see if my girls brother can pull the spindles this weekend and try to get them shipped monday since i cant use my arm and cant move that well again sorry for the delay
That would have been Monday 04/13/09. About two weeks ago I asked him if he had any luck getting someone to pull them for him as my son was asking about them (they are for my 15 year old son's 68 Coronet's disc brake conversion). I seen where he had been on and gotten my pm but no answer. I pmed him again last week asking once again, seen where he logged in but still not a peep. Now I'm getting a little perturbed, I understood to a point but ignoring me for 4 weeks. So I sent him another pm asking for my money back and not to worry about it. He has logged in twice since then and not a word. This week on Monday the 4th I sent him a pm telling him to just send me my money back, I seen he logged in on Wednesday the 6th and still not a word so I've had enough.I have the pms to verify this and screen shots showing some of his login times. I would HIGHLY recommend not trying to buy anything from this person. I'm including his name and state residence as I'm sure he will change his screen name after this post. I hate when people steal, it pisses me off no end.
The member is mopartim75,
his name is:
Tim Quilty located in Rhode Island

sorry bout your luck.. its hard to trust people over the internet. every group has its bad apples.

whered you find this guy? you have 2 posts and that isnt a valid user name.was it fabo for sale posts? whats up?

I pmed him after seeing this post in the parts for sale section:

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=43338

I was looking for some disc brake spindles off of a 73 to 76 A body for my son's 68 Coronet. I generally don't post much, just read the articles and check the for sale sections on quite a few of the mopar forums. I do believe it's paypal ONLY for me from now on.

Yeah, he got me also. I purchased an instrument cluster over a month ago and got the same story. At first he said the package was sent to the wrong address but it came back. Then the story about the accident. Also said the package would be re mailed and a tracking number supplied. I'm still waiting, so I guess I've lost my money also. People be warned---this guy is one sorry dude.

I do hope the administrators do something to ban him from the site. I had contacted one of the senoir members but was holding off because I believed all the stories and lies that he told. We live and learn who is honest and who is not.

thanks for the heads up.he didnt come up when i searched but maybe i included the comma when i copy and pasted. hope he makes things right.

That just takes my goat !!! the man hunt is on, Wrecker Salvage co and he better paint that truck soon or send your money back ASAP.

The following is presented for anyone who needs to know to avoid this guy. I have really been holding off but enough is enough. It's been about 6 weeks so I give up and agree......Mopartim75 is a thief.

Timothy Quilty
2575 Post Road rear
Warwick, R.I. 02886
Tel: 401-863-0436

His truck and Salvage yard

TOW_TRUCK.jpg

He show's to live in Warwick, RI let me look farther

I'm posting similar threads on all the For Bodies Only forums, Moparts and Dodge Coronet Registry forums as well. Hopefully he thieving will come to an abrupt halt!

Hear is an adress to a salvage co on the same road and almost his neighbor
2711 Post Rd, Warwick, RI 2886 Ronnie's 24 hour 401) 732-1155.
My son use to do repose and he can find anyone I think :cheers:

i attached this link on his for sale posts.

Good daredevil, His time is limited, I bet he has no idea what trouble he is in.
That wrecker co will be ours if he don't man up :cheers: and soon!

I am very sorry to hear this about a member here, but enough time has elapsed.

mopartim75 was logged in today, but has not posted on the board since 3/30. Send the $$ back buddy.:angry7:

This big internet world is much smaller than you think.........:clock:

Welp if nothing else, the humiliation got his notice. I've sent him a pm with a link to each post I've placed here, FBBO, Moparts, Coronet Registry and FEBO when they put the post up. Here is what he just pmed me verbatum:

ok well then you go **** yourself i couldnt get any body to pull them and so i was gonna pull them when i got the cast off but now im just gonna junk them asshole and since you want to be rude about it now you can wait till i get around to sending you your money :bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha: :bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha::bootysha: :bootysha::bootysha:
Yea right, log in more than 8 times over the last month and ignore two people, one totally but you were really trying. I'll let you guys know if he actually ponies up and sends MY money back.

It's a sad world we live in. Some people live without a conscience and just don't care about what others think.

This seens to follow my comment. New member, watch out dealing with them!
55 post and joined less than a year ago. That sucks, I feel a little bit of your pain, I've only been burnt for a few bucks.

I hate that bs crap. I've given so much stuff away over the years it's
crazy. Most all of us are into this because we love it and our cars.

This guy needs to be run out of town.

Something is really off with the whole situation. He signed in earlier today and has yet to contact any of the buyers here, yet he has 100% positive feedback as a buyer on ebay. I'd think he knows how a transaction should run from the buyer's perspective. Unless his computer has been stolen or his FABO account hacked, he's not incapacitated.

Since I don't know anyone in that part of the country with a woodchipper, here's an alternative... make-up a fake account or five and respond to this: http://www.datehookup.com/User-67493738.htm exchange fake information for a while and then spring the trap. :evil5:

I should have a W.W.F.I.G.D. (What Would a Former Intel Guy Do) bracelet made for guidance under duress.

-
Back