galen govier

-

ch1ll

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
does govier still provide service? no answer when I call, just keeps ringing.

Last I knew his help (Wife) passed away and he was really really behind on his work.But this was years agom

If you're lucky you won't get in touch with him...Expensive, arrogant, and often mistaken.

Do you really want to waste your money?

Most people don't give two craps about what galen provides. If you have a high dollar E or B that's headed to auction that the fools with money think it carries some weight, have at it.

Most questions he could answer can be answered by many other on this and other boards.

I think his white books a very helpful. Nice breakdown on options and production figures. Still useful.

I think his white books a very helpful. Nice breakdown on options and production figures. Still useful.

One of these days (if I have the energy) I'll write about how he deceptively acquired a big chunk of the information that became the white books. Also, he attempted to broker the sale of one of my cars to Leno one year at the Woodley Park show when it was never for sale (and still isn't). Could go on but won't.

He helped me out years ago, took awhile, but job done. Got a new fender tag and other documentation for $300. Andrew

I have but one story regarding the guy and I've told it before......but here it is again.

I have a friend who lives about 50 miles away in Warner Robins, Georgia. He has had a 1967 Charger since about 1970. Bought it off a used car lot in Warner Robins. VERY well documented car. Everyone who was into cars around that time knew the car well, as it had a........"reputation". LOL

Anyway, Barry, my friend, did some racing with the car in the early 70s. So, he found a non matching engine and transmission and did a swap. Still has the engine and trans in his shop. Now it's under going yet another transformation with a 528 Hemi crate engine.

Anyway, onto my story. Barry and another mutual friend went to Carlisle one year. Ran into ole G.G. hisself. Struck up a light conversation regarding Barry's car. At which point Govier asks if the car has spring boxes. No and it never has. He then proceeds to tell them the car is not a legit Hemi car, turned his nose up and walked away. lol

Now mind you, Barry has the original build sheet, the car still has the original fender tag and Barry still has all of the original paperwork where the car was ordered and later delivered. So the car has a super highway of proof as to what it is......including witnesses still alive that knew the car "way back when" AND the original owner who ordered the car.

This car in fact, still has the original paint......unless Barry has had it painted since I saw him last. If he hasn't, he has waxed the car so much over the years, that the bare metal and primer is shiny in the few spots where the paint has worn through. LOL

This car is the real deal......and ole G.G. doesn't know his *** from a hole in the ground regarding it.

ok I'm feeling y'all. just wanted to know if he was dead or if he fell off the face of the earth.
as for giving him money? Y'ALL JUST DON'T KNOW ME VERY WELL.
I just like to ask questions, but he has to answer his phone first to blow me off.
maybe my number comes up on his caller ID as "owns small block darts"

He helped me out years ago, took awhile, but job done. Got a new fender tag and other documentation for $300. Andrew

That was nice that he helped you but then again, his kind of help always comes with a price tag. Btw: What doc(s) did you supply to him for the tag?

I wonder what he would say about a 65 Valiant "S" thats NOT a Barracuda..."Doesn't exist" or just a one of one that bucked the production figures? Ask the guy in Wa.

What ever, he has done lots for the car hobby. Like or dislike, I am glad he has done what he did. People have their own personal issues to deal with. We are dealing with 50 year old cars. Does it really matter? Lucky to have folks trying and willing to help if and where they can. At the end of the day, your car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it on a certain day.

-
Back