Garage Broken into!!!

-

lo234me

Reaction score
My garage was broken into Friday night (09-25-09)!! I had just finished moving into the house about 3 months ago!! i had not had time to unpack my garage...I am no the road a lot!! They cleaned out my tool box of all my snap-on tools!! 20 years of collecting them, and they are gone like that. I had a full top and bottom roller cabinet!! Now I just have a empty box!! They did not touch the crafstman professional tools on the bench which they climbed over, just the snap-on. They did not touch my 426 hemi, Indy mod-man intake new in the box, barry grant six shooter set-up also new in the box!! They filled up my coolers with the tools, piled them on my dolly I used for blocks and carted them out the door!! We were able to follow the dolly tracks across the field behind my house, and they then disapeared!!! Talk about being pissed!! I do not care if I ever get the tools back, I just pray that they find the SOB that did this so I can get me revenge!!!! Thanks for looking, just had to vent somewhere!!!!

Sorry to hear of this. I can totally understand the feeling of being violated and wanting to extract a pound of flesh (or two).

Man, that bites. Sounds like to be they may have cased the joint and figured what would be the most marketable. The police or you might to put the word out to local shops someone might be selling SnapOn tools with some sob story of "my mom needs surgery and I'm trying to sell my tools..."

Man that sucks. I hate thieves. I hope it works out for you. Start checking pawn shops. What really suck's is that you just moved in to the house. Get a big dog they may come back.

start looking on the local craigslist for tools, and ebay with a local location. Of course pawn shops, too. That really sucks.!!

that sucks. that is my biggest fear with living out where i do.....

That really sucks, as said before be carefull they could come back if they know your gone alot. I would at least add motion sensor hooked to lights and a loud klaxon type alarm, may just scare them off.

I too work on the road alot, the property where my shop is has a mobile home on it that I have "caretakers" whom pay very little rent, $250, just to have the piece of mind.

It will take months to get over the butt rape feeling, but it could have been worse.

Watch Craigslist in your area, there was a guy who had a motor stolen and found it for sale on Craigslist here in Portland.

ya good tip by dano. i'd keep an eye out on all the sites that serve you area. plus if there are any small town shops around you i'd talk to them. you never know, maybe these people would try selling to them. it's worth a try right?

SOB's i really hope they get theres " pay back is a *****"

That sucks....been down that road myself...had my garage cleaned out in one town, moved to another and had my jet ski stolen, then had my whole house cleaned out while I was in Mexico one year...and I live in a development....takes a while to get over the violated feeling and the I want to kill you feeling..

yep others are right id say just typical need cash fast **** heads 100% ur tools are in a pawn shop or craigslist probly a pawn shop in town

Bastards!!

Let's hope the cops catch them before you do.

I would say a nice "drag" down a 1/2 mile stretch littered with broken glass and every pot hole filled with rubbing alcohol should do the trick.

I try to make sure all my tools are at least initialed so I can ID them later. Last guy I caught with my tools went to jail for a long time. I called the cops and they searched his house. He had three ounces of coke, and tens of thousands of dollars of fireworks. Then they searched where he worked and found more fireworks. They closed the business(not his) and took him and a bunch of his thieving friends to the klink. Yea!!!

About a year ago, my son had his car stolen from his place of work. What upset him the most was that most of his tools were in the trunk and figured they were "long gone". Next day a coworker said he saw his car abandoned in the middle of a street in downtown Charlotte, NC. Contacted police who had the car towed.

When he picked up the car, first thing he saw was the stereo was gone and a bad unit he had in the trunk was in the dash meaning they had been in the trunk. When he opened the trunk, there were his tools. The thief took a cheap stereo but left hundreds of dollars of tools. That make him feel much better. Would still like to get his hands on the thieves but at least it didn't turn out as bad as expected.

Sorry to hear that, I hate theives

I have my garage alarmed so if they do brake in they will have to grab what they can and run.I also have noisy neighbors who would be out there in a heart beat if they knew I was a work.

Did you have a moving company move you? Sure sounds fishy like they new exactly where and what was there.

Sounds more like crack or crank heads, tools are popular easy quick cash. hopefully you had insurance. I would be at all local shops tell them your story- us mechanics hate tool theives with a passion. Don't forget the snap on man himself as he may be approched. also check local garage sales close to you, some idiot's are that dumb. Mark your tools! and take pictures w/details of purchase price. all you can do is to prepair for the next time. which brings me to the best defense. a monitored alarm system for your house and garage- If your gone alot It's well worth the loot for the piece of mind ( and lower insurance rates). Hope you find the bastards and get to stake them out in the desert with nice tight wet leather ties to every appendage!. Good luck

This is why I don't like people.

Except you guys of course.

lol... yea, I mostly stay to myself. I don't care for anyone on my street or this county for that matter. That's why I'm moving back to the north Georgia mountains.

Sorry to hear about the break in. When I bought my Duster my biggest fear was walking out to the shop and not seeing it there. The very next weekend I was out installing a security system in the shop. I hope they catch them bastards that broke into yours.

If it were me I would have left all the tools behind and took the Hemi.I hope they catch the SOB's.
Jim

-
Back