GARLITS vs FMA...and the Mopar Guy suffers because of it.

-
Attended Bigs show last year, about half the vendor area was full. I'm sure Covid had something to do with that but who knows. I'm gonna try the horse park show this time around and hope for the best. You're right no winners.
Last year's show blew me away! Had not expected half the people that showed up since Covid was in full force. Now that it has hit all time Florida lows, this show will definitely ROCK!

I think Garlits is serious and might be upset with FMA's club member leaning awards.

I attended both shows last year, for two days each and I was really surprised that two shows on back to back weekends for, two days each, Not miles apart brought in so many!

In Georgia there were no shows due to Covid! Which is why we went home, south to FL!

I experienced no perceived favoritism and was awarded a First in "A" in both shows! Plus a second.

I and the wife took the entire month off and we both worked for a few days, and vacationed in our Motor Home at my Parents house.

I brought my fish down in the trailer the last week of October and left it and the truck at my parents in Orange Springs!

It was really worth the trip last year for many reasons!!!

Like Carlisle, I left the car on the field each day at both events with a cover! It is nice when you can do that! Actually at FMA it was under the Roof as well!

Last edited:
Last year's show blew me away! Had not expected half the people that showed up since Covid was in full force. Now that it has hit all time Florida lows, this show will definitely ROCK!
I wish them both success even though I don't agree with both being so close, after all we're the ones who benefit!

I will be going to the FMA show next weekend. I had intended to go to the Garlits show as well but the weather was so bad today, I cancelled.

Never been, but planning to go this year - spectator only! Any tips for a newbie?
Don't buy parts you can't use or don't need! Have a mental list of things you do need! And pay attention, cause there is some really cool ol drag cars there, you wouldnt wanna miss any! Lol

I will be going to the FMA show next weekend. I had intended to go to the Garlits show as well but the weather was so bad today, I cancelled.
I'm running up there tomorrow... I'll hit the farm next week. It's an hour drive. My Bro lives up there, gave me the weather yesterday. Rain... lots of rain. And no sun, cold. Tomorrow should be much better!

I had a blast last year! Grabbed some stuff for the Duster, watched a blown alky hemi running and revving from 5 feet away! Good times!

Last edited:
Was looking forward to a good weekend of selling stuff, but backed out at the last minute due to weather conditions. Have to wait till next year.

my buddy was at the garlits show today...

7347_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=-xXGK8NXI1UAX_yL3rO&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

3543_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=F6gRyJqR8SIAX9LpU2i&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.jpg

Don't buy parts you can't use or don't need! Have a mental list of things you do need! And pay attention, cause there is some really cool ol drag cars there, you wouldnt wanna miss any! Lol
That's hard man...so many projects lol
I told myself I was done with /'s...but yet I have full headers,350 carb n intake, MP and other chrome covers, picked up a elec distributor last month for some reason... you never know what you may be into next 5 yrs or so.

That's hard man...so many projects lol
I told myself I was done with /'s...but yet I have full headers,350 carb n intake, MP and other chrome covers, picked up a elec distributor last month for some reason... you never know what you may be into next 5 yrs or so.
I rolled in there in the mid 90s and picked up a bunch of stuff I didn't immediately need... an extra 4spd w/ a beautiful pistol grip, some 4:56 gears, in a case, w/ a sure grip... all kinda stuff.. left loaded down but 800 bucks lighter. Lol

Was looking forward to a good weekend of selling stuff, but backed out at the last minute due to weather conditions. Have to wait till next year.
Myron; Rain dried out and the Crowd showed up. An epic Saturday, totally unexpected.

You just never know what kind of weather you'll get in central FL in mid-November.

I've been there in almost 100 degree weather and in almost freezing weather.

Total crapshoot.

Myron; Rain dried out and the Crowd showed up. An epic Saturday, totally unexpected.

Thanks, I was hoping Saturday & Sunday would pick up for everyone.:thumbsup: But the logistics on my end weren't favorable to risk it. I had to decide Thursday.:(

I went on Sunday. The weather was beautiful. I was only a spectator visiting from CT. I wasn't really impressed with the show. It was mostly new Challengers and Chargers. Was hoping to see a huge display of 60's/70's cars. I guess the weather had something to do with that. Oh well.... The museum on the other hand was insane. That was a very impressive display of dragsters, engines, musclecars, etc. Spent some coin in the gift shop and then had Don sign all of it. I got there at 8am and was out at 12:30pm. Glad I went but I don't know I'll ever go back.

I went on Sunday. The weather was beautiful. I was only a spectator visiting from CT. I wasn't really impressed with the show. It was mostly new Challengers and Chargers. Was hoping to see a huge display of 60's/70's cars. I guess the weather had something to do with that. Oh well.... The museum on the other hand was insane. That was a very impressive display of dragsters, engines, musclecars, etc. Spent some coin in the gift shop and then had Don sign all of it. I got there at 8am and was out at 12:30pm. Glad I went but I don't know I'll ever go back.
Been to the Museum a few times. Took my Best Friend, Mopar Riding Princess with me. She liked Riding more than looking. She died of cancer after.. didn't make it this year..she rides w/ me everywhere now....

20210617_003555.jpg

IMG_20190902_201429.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back