Gas Monkey Dart

-
BJ, a place where people with more money than brains or concern knowingly and willingly spend to much money for a car.

The Gas Monkey car is a TV star. It's that simple.

I'm thinking that for 70K i could build quite a badass ride.. and have a better story than 'Look what i bought'..

Hence my previous post about money and brains. Or lack there of.

but still - 700hp Hellcat engine, full drag race suspension - ran a 5.80 in the 8th... goes like a scalded cat - I'd love to drive it... then give it back to the owner :twisted:

but still - 700hp Hellcat engine, full drag race suspension - ran a 5.80 in the 8th... goes like a scalded cat - I'd love to drive it... then give it back to the owner :twisted:

ive seen the way they build stuff
I wouldn't touch that with a 10 foot pole

Mainstream entertainment programs = product price increases world wide.

Just think......now that rusty old Dart hiding under the tree in the back alley down the road just got 30% more expensive because "I saw one just like it on Barrett Jackson go for....."

On the other hand, if you're selling, some people may really believe it's worth more than it is.

:wack:

Mainstream entertainment programs = product price increases world wide.

Just think......now that rusty old Dart hiding under the tree in the back alley down the road just got 30% more expensive because "I saw one just like it on Barrett Jackson go for....."

On the other hand, if you're selling, some people may really believe it's worth more than it is.

:wack:

car looked to be a piece of hammered s---, "junk", built for tv, w/ goofballs doing. don`t watch the show, just stumbled across the roadkill show. what a waste of a hellcat engine. needs a mopar nut to get ahold of it .$68,000 , get real !

The roadkill clowns aren't any better. Both seem pretty stupid show wise. But I'll watch gas monkey before road kill.

good thing my Dish Sat. package doesn't include these channels!!??? ha
SOooooo, can I now sell my 63-5 darts for more than $$$?????? ha

I don't have much sense, BUT I wonder what it would be like to have WAYyyyy more $$$$$ than sense! ??? Ha.... but then again THAT guy had the $70,000 to buy that car! I got the $$$ some how?? ha????

The roadkill clowns aren't any better. Both seem pretty stupid show wise. But I'll watch gas monkey before road kill.

Care to explain?

The roadkill guys may not be the best body guys but they sure know their way around mopars and they do not have the annoying personality of the gas monkey crew.

the shows, by and large, are stupid. As per usual with most of these "reality" car shows, too much f'ing around and not enough about the cars that they are building. I will say this though, no way they got to where they are by putting out junk.. just because it's being built for TV doesn't instantly make it garbage - ...seems most of the "reviews" I've read about the cars on OverHaulin' lean to the positive side.. all of these guys are just average Joes who managed to make it work for them. I sense an edge of envy...

Care to explain?

The roadkill guys may not be the best body guys but they sure know their way around mopars and they do not have the annoying personality of the gas monkey crew.
Agreed. Roadkill actually has substance. Fast and loud is a cartoon at this point.

I just saw on T V where a guy gave 1.8 million $ for a photo of a friggin POTATO! 3rd most expensive photo on record. wasn't even a darn painting just a photo.

let that be a lesson to all of us, THERE is big $$$ out there to be made!!!!!!

Let me start by saying I am NOT a fan of Gas Monkey and I normally do not watch the show. I watched these 2 episodes after a friend alerted me to the build.

I didn't like the episode and was disappointed to see them win. I like Frieburger much more. Since the his HRM days.

But in regards to the price.. Really? This is shocking to you guys?

Hellcat engine
Race trans
clean dart
built 9"
wheels and tires

everything else.....

Total just that stuff up and let me know were you're at.

Now add in labor because you know damn well you would at least have had to hire someone to deal with the electrical end.

Now add that it's a collector item with a unique history.

Ya ran a 5.80 on nitrous which works out to about a 6.80 on motor..big fing deal..$70k are you serious..

I can never get over the TV show bashing that goes on on the net. look at the crowd shots at BJ these are OLD WHITE MEN, and im getting closer to that every day but young people dont NEED cars the way I did at 16 years old. These shows build nice stuff and they also build CRAP but more importantly they build interest in cars and with out interest in cars the hobby we love WILL DIE. So i always take a minute to watch cause it makes my kids love cars as much as me and like everything else on tv i take it with a grain of salt.

-
Back