gas pedal help

• Thread starter Deleted member 40550
  • Start date
-
D

Deleted member 40550

Still working on getting her dart to run, but she is driving me crazy with. Hey dad how's does the gas pedal mount and where can we get one? can we get a used one cause new is like 45 to 50 bucks.. So guess my question for today is how do they mount? and is it possible to get a used one that isn't broken

if its anything like my 71 duster there are two bolt welded to the baseplate of the gaspedal
you line it up with the firewall from the inside and then tighten the nuts in the enginebay

I was just emphasizing the point that we needed more information on year make model and engine combo to be able to help you like the guy above my post had already pointed out...

Our sophomore Geography teacher used to put one of those "questions" on every test. If you were smart enough to answer something to it, then he would give you the point for it. Kinda like a free-bee.

For those students who did not catch on to this and didn't answer, they missed a point.

My older brother and his friend warned me about this when they found out that he was going to be my teacher as they had him a year or two before me...

if its anything like my 71 duster there are two bolt welded to the baseplate of the gaspedal
you line it up with the firewall from the inside and then tighten the nuts in the enginebay

Now to answer your question:

Those year darts with slant 6's had the pedal as diymirage has stated above ^^^^^

There are two studs mounted to the accelerator assy and the nuts go on as he described.

You can find used ones in good condition.

These years should be cable operated throttle. Make sure when you get the pedal assembly that you also get the little round plastic black "button" that fits in the larger part of the hole in the lever on the pedal assembly that the end of the throttle cable attaches to the lever. This button covers the larger hole so the cable doesn't come back out while you/her are driving it....

They are very small and easy to loose. Sometimes they get crushed when removing and installing if you are not careful... Make sure that you request the button come with the pedal assy when you find one...

Post in the parts wanted forum for one and see what you can get.

Just an update she did get a used one, and it had the little black button that keeps the cable from coming out still on it. Was a pretty good deal I thought. The complete pedal assembly for half the price of just the pedal.

-
Back