Gas Tank Bracket on trunk floor for 73 Duster

-

m79ded

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi

I want to replace a fuel cell on my 73 Duster with a conventional fuel tank but the previous owner had cut out the 2 brackets that are on the trunk floor right under the wheel well where the straps run from before the diff. Anywhere I can buy those and recommendations on Tank, Straps, Sending units, Insulator Etc... to get the car done as was original.
Thanks

That's the one under the diff I need the ones that are on the trunk pan
This one is welded in below spare tire.

Description:

"Often rusted or missing, this gas tank strap brace is needed on almost every vehicle. This item is included with our complete trunk floor, part# 800-1370, or can be purchased on it's own."

edit to add:
The main part of this bracket lays on the inside of the spare wheel well, the two tabs circled in the photo below stick down through the floor. This is where your tank straps hook onto

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.28.35 PM.png

Last edited:
The one pictured mounts inside the truck tire well and the two tabs protrude through the bottom for your strap bolts to attach to. You can get the fuel tank, straps and J bolts through rock auto or just about any mopar parts dealer. I have bought a couple through rock auto and they were both nice tanks. The aftermarket sending units are crap no matter where you get them. If you want your fuel gauge to be accurate then rebuilding an original is the only option.

The one pictured mounts inside the truck tire well and the two tabs protrude through the bottom for your strap bolts to attach to. You can get the fuel tank, straps and J bolts through rock auto or just about any mopar parts dealer. I have bought a couple through rock auto and they were both nice tanks. The aftermarket sending units are crap no matter where you get them. If you want your fuel gauge to be accurate then rebuilding an original is the only option.
Then I guess it 's the correct piece I thought it was just 2 ears will thanks so much for your help and everyone else. You guys are awesome

This one is welded in below spare tire.

Description:

"Often rusted or missing, this gas tank strap brace is needed on almost every vehicle. This item is included with our complete trunk floor, part# 800-1370, or can be purchased on it's own."

edit to add:
The main part of this bracket lays on the inside of the spare wheel well, the two tabs circled in the photo below stick down through the floor. This is where your tank straps hook onto

View attachment 1715788723
Then I guess it 's the correct piece I thought it was just 2 ears will thanks so much for your help and everyone else. You guys are awesome

That's the one under the diff I need the ones that are on the trunk pan.

Thank you very much for the suggestion, Really appreciate it
I apologize you were right from the get go I thought it was only the 2 ears I needed

This is what I'm looking for
upload_2021-9-10_16-21-43.png

I apologize you were right from the get go I thought it was only the 2 ears I needed
2 little ears you imagined wouldn't work. The large piece is reinforcement to the sheet metal to hold the tank up and the spare down. They are both quite heavy.

-
Back