Geez, Leno, Leno LENO!!!! Be CAREFUL will ya??

-

67Dart273

Reaction score
On top of his burns, now he broke "several bones" off a motorcycle

is reportedly recovering from a motorcycle accident last week that left him with several broken bones just months after he sustained serious burns in a fire that broke out in his Los Angeles garage.

Speaking to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the comedian and talk show host revealed that he was knocked off his motorcycle Jan. 17 in an incident that left him with a broken collarbone, two broken ribs and two cracked kneecaps.

“But I’m OK!” Leno, 72, reportedly told the outlet. “I’m OK, I’m working. I’m working this weekend.”

The former “Tonight Show” host said he had been working on a vintage motorcycle and was testing the vehicle out when he noticed the smell of leaking gas.

“So I turned down a side street and cut through a parking lot, and unbeknownst to me, some guy had a wire strung across the parking lot but with no flag hanging from it,” Leno told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “So, you know, I didn’t see it until it was too late. It just clothesline, me and, boom, knocked me off the bike."

“The bike kept going, and you know how that works out," he said.

Representatives for Leno did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The comedian reportedly said he hadn't discussed the motorcycle accident publicly yet due to the overwhelming coverage of his recovery from his burns sustained in November.

On top of his burns, now he broke "several bones" off a motorcycle

is reportedly recovering from a motorcycle accident last week that left him with several broken bones just months after he sustained serious burns in a fire that broke out in his Los Angeles garage.

Speaking to the Las Vegas Review-Journal, the comedian and talk show host revealed that he was knocked off his motorcycle Jan. 17 in an incident that left him with a broken collarbone, two broken ribs and two cracked kneecaps.

“But I’m OK!” Leno, 72, reportedly told the outlet. “I’m OK, I’m working. I’m working this weekend.”

The former “Tonight Show” host said he had been working on a vintage motorcycle and was testing the vehicle out when he noticed the smell of leaking gas.

“So I turned down a side street and cut through a parking lot, and unbeknownst to me, some guy had a wire strung across the parking lot but with no flag hanging from it,” Leno told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “So, you know, I didn’t see it until it was too late. It just clothesline, me and, boom, knocked me off the bike."

“The bike kept going, and you know how that works out," he said.

Representatives for Leno did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

The comedian reportedly said he hadn't discussed the motorcycle accident publicly yet due to the overwhelming coverage of his recovery from his burns sustained in November.
Damn, I heard the news but not the details.

The fault here is whoever put that cable up with no sign no flag no nothing. They should be held liable.

Had a similar accident on my bike. Heading to a hardware store next to a drive-in theater with a swap meet. I didn't know the hardware store was closed. They had strung a cable across their driveway to keep swap meet customers from parking in their lot. And there was a lot of loose sand on the street in front.
When I saw the chain, I jumped on the brakes, and lost it in the sand. No chain, the sand is no problem, no sand and I stop short of the chain. No injuries beside a scrape or two, for me or the bike. (But I wasn't 72 at the time, either).
I honestly don't remember if the chain was marked, but I don't think so. Nowadays, sounds like an automatic lawsuit.

The wire is a problem. But Jay seems to be having issues with gas..........

Will the next story be about a garage full of nice cars incinerated?
After his fire I can see why he wanted off the scooter when he smelled gas.

Jay is still enjoying his life unlike those who guys who stay home & act like an old man... I hope he keeps on being himself... We don't live forever & like a wise man once said you can get busy living or get busy dying. Your choice... Personally I like Jay's choice...

Being on fire is ONE OF THE SCARIEST EXPERIENCES YOU'LL EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE!!! IT CHANGES YOU , IT MAKES YOU PARANOID IT'LL HAPPEN AGAIN. YOU WILL DO EVERYTHING YOU CAN NOT TO HAVE IT HAPPEN AGAIN. I PROMISE

I was 19 years old (1983) and was cutting a rear end out of a 70 Gran Coupe Barracuda Convertible using cutting torches. Like a dumb *** I tried to cut a shock through the tube. I heated it till it was glowing and then hit the air BOOM it exploded hydraulic oil on me ON FIRE!!! It hit the left side of my face and side of the head burning my hair off , went down my neck and left bicep. I came out of the wheel well beating myself trying to put the flames out. Everywhere I touched that was on fire was purple. I immediately ran for the garden hose ( I knew cold water would feel good , just instinct) The E.R. Dr. told me that was the best thing I could have done. Weeks of putting cream on the burns later he took a popsicle stick and scraped the purple skin off to find nice pink skin underneath. I was VERY LUCKY not to have scars the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Glad you got lucky... Burns suck, extremely painful & it'll stick with you

Happened to a guy riding his snowmobile years ago. Property owner strung a cable across an access road onto his property. Snowmobile rider hit the cable, took his head right off.

-
Back