Get rid of the like button

-
Like the N&P, make it mandatory to sign up to use and receive the dreaded ❌. Then those who are offended by the sight won’t have to be subjected to the opinion of an opponent to their beliefs!

;)

If you disagree with something-

State why you disagree with it.

If you feel information is incorrect, post the info you believe to be correct.

If you agree, there is really no need to say anything.

If others agree the original info was wrong, they can agree with the post where correct info was given as a reply.

"Drive by" red xing is rampant on FBBO, and I'm not even talking about the political section.

Sometimes it's accidental, sometimes it's not but the xing victim never receives an answer as to what someone disagrees with or why.

I've had people red x my personal experiences, and not bother to explain even when called out with the at symbol.

That's not only rude, it's not technically possible.

I have numerous "member restoration" threads here and on FBBO. If nobody had ever clicked "like" on them I probably would have quit adding tech and pictures years ago, as to me that would = no interest in threads, that many now use as reference to get their cars done.

There should be two fart buttons, an "I farted" and a "wtf did you eat" button

Edit: maybe a third that says "here, smell that"

who farted 8.jpg

Totally disagree!

I think it’s a great way to reinforce another members post without having to add another post to the thread yourself.

I mean sure, if there’s more to add on the topic then you can quote or reply, but if you don’t have anything to add but like/agree with another members post I don’t see any reason why clicking “like” is a problem.

It helps show other people reading the post that the first members post is supported by other members. Same with the “disagree” box, if somebody posts something that isn’t right and collects a few “disagree’s” then someone looking at that thread in the future knows they may need to take that post with a grain of salt.

I think the “disagree” button should be used sparingly since it does tend to trigger folks, but that’s the way it goes. It’s like reading a review of an item online, there will be positive and negative reviews and you have to sort for yourself which ones are most accurate.
I Agree with you on like and agree but the disagree doesn't gives the OP any valuable info, what part/why did the person disagree, if you disagree in writing at least your adding info, and people can judge if your disagreement is valid.

If I could just disagree to your post no one/you wouldn't've known what and why I disagree to and if it had any merit making it pretty useless info, I'm glad they got rid of the disagreement button.

-
Back