Getting ready to plumb my new fuel system

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm adding Edelbrock ProFlow 4 fuel injection to my 68 Cuda so I bought a new tank from Tanks Inc that's setup with a return line and everything. ...I have the electric fuel pump plus I got an access door for future issues.

I'm about ready to install the tank and wanted any tips or advice anyone may have....

For instance:
* Extra filter? If so, what kind and where?
* Wiring tips? Add a relay?

Or anything else you guys might think of....

Jeff

The ProFlo4 can only handle 10 amps of current on the fuel pump wiring. Use that wiring to trigger a relay using a separate circuit fed from the battery to feed the fuel pump.
I used a Summit brand 10 micron fuel filter in the feed line which I used #6 feed and #6 return.

If you’re running fuel with any ethanol I would use the braided PTFE lined hose. I used fittings and fuel hose from Fragola also available at Summit.

The ProFlo4 can only handle 10 amps of current on the fuel pump wiring. Use that wiring to trigger a relay using a separate circuit fed from the battery to feed the fuel pump.
I used a Summit brand 10 micron fuel filter in the feed line which I used #6 feed and #6 return.

If you’re running fuel with any ethanol I would use the braided PTFE lined hose. I used fittings and fuel hose from Fragola also available at Summit.
Why braided line instead of a hard line?

Jeff

Last edited:
I added an inertia switch to my electric pump wiring, just some piece of mind incase i get caught in a wreck.

Nice guys!
Guess I need to order a relay, fuses, wire, etc....
Gonna do a little homework via YouTube on how to wire all this....

FINALLY getting back to work on her!

Jeff

Nice guys!

Jeff

I wired in both a low pressure oil pressure switch and a hidden 12V bypass switch to bypass that low oil pressure switch to address priming the system prior to start up.

You might also want to attach a Holley Hydra Mat to your fuel pickup tube, so your system is less likely to have cavitation issues when you get to the last few gallons of fuel in your tank.

Tank3 (Medium).JPG

Nice guys!

Jeff
Here’s the basic relay wiring for the PF4
upload_2022-5-31_6-20-35.jpeg

+1 on the PTFE hose. Install -8AN (1/2”) if the tank and everything else will accept it. That will give you room to grow if you decide to turn up the powers. 10 micron filter before it hits the injectors.

I added an inertia switch to my electric pump wiring, just some piece of mind incase i get caught in a wreck.

One of the best things I have read in a while on here..... You just never know and this is excellent insurance.

JW

Call me or shoot me a message if you have any questions about the relay and wiring in the pump.

I also second (third?) the recommendation for PTFE-lined hose. Not only will it tolerate any fuel you want to run, it is smaller in outside diameter than the "usual" braided steel line.

-
Back