Getting ripped off by a fellow member

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listed as NEW it should be in new condition. Inspection of pictures prior to purchase shouldn't be required. Does anyone examine a photo for issues when they buy new from Jegs or Summit? If a manifold comes from them with cracks they, as the seller, would be expected to make it 100% right.
Summit Jegs unlawful photos all the time but yes I do I offered photos and make sure the guy would be happy anybody be happy cuz I said water park you guys on here and everybody's been happy but I know of

Wow, is this how you got your stable of cars?? Around $200,000 in what 10 dusters? All class
No I hurt my butt off for my car's I don't try to cheat nobody do anybody wrong I sell parts I think you bought parts from me and you was happy with your stuff was you. We can just keep going on and on and on and on off the boy refund for the part and shipping one way photos was provided for him to look at them Dan take was new and never ran you yourself asked for photos to see see stuff when you buy it

Finally.... someone esle who speks my langauge!

Point-and-Speak.jpg

I see the bolt hole in question is larger than the other three. I also see washer marks where it bolts to the head. It may have never been run but it was installed. Just an observation.

Um....

New parts can have cracks too.....

Seems like refund Less shipping is the internet standard. You buy from an individual, you run this risk. Throwing someone's reputation on the line if the refund less shipping offer is made is a bit extreme. Exactly how much time went by from, Houston we have a problem, to, No response or a get lost?

I must admit, I listed a part recently, didn't do my homework, and could've sold it in error. That's a mistake and expense for everybody involved. Honest seller and honest buyer both lose a little, no matter what, when that happens. But trashing someone just cements hard feelings and recovers nothing. If it's fraudulent by intent, that's one thing. If it's a mistake that's another.
That seller has been here long enough, I'd call it a mistake, issue an apology, and try to minimize losses for both.

OP, it sucks. It really does. But are you POSITIVE he's TRYING to rip you off? New parts can be bad, too, and people miss those issues until..... someone finds them. There can be a lot of people missing the same issue. Including you when you looked at the pics, so regardless, you made the same mistake the seller is claiming.

Difference is when new parts are sold they are sent in a unopened box with-out checking them... Big difference when someone is holding it in thier hand and then fails to mention it. If I was the seller I would refund all the $$ and pay for shipping both ways. Stuff happens and sometimes while maybe not done deliberately that is the right way to handle it.... I agree with the new is new and if the OP wants it welded it should not cost him a dime.

Listed as NEW it should be in new condition. Inspection of pictures prior to purchase shouldn't be required. Does anyone examine a photo for issues when they buy new from Jegs or Summit? If a manifold comes from them with cracks they, as the seller, would be expected to make it 100% right.
Maybe so, but the buyer elected to try to save on the initial purchase by NOT buying retail. Typically the loss of shipping in a return is expected.

At least, that's the risk I expect.

Difference is when new parts are sold they are sent in a unopened box with-out checking them... Big difference when someone is holding it in thier hand and then fails to mention it. If I was the seller I would refund all the $$ and pay for shipping both ways. Stuff happens and sometimes while maybe not done deliberately that is the right way to handle it.... I agree with the new is new and if the OP wants it welded it should not cost him a dime.
That's also assuming the seller saw it.

How can you NOT see it... On another note I have been to the Mopar Nats in Ohio and witnessed him personally going over parts, pointing out what's wrong with them BEFORE he buys them or walks away... Not bashing in anyway just facts...

If he wants a full refund shipping too ill do it and its all my mistake no one else is mistaken not the buyer because i supply photos for everyone to look at i was trying to hide it in blane view its was old layed around for 15 years yes it was new never ran until the rats and dirt got aholded of it so iam all wrong i cant even live with myself knowning i did someone wrong knowing you guys think iam ripping poeple off(really) try tobe everyone friends and try to help you guys out since 2004 thats nothing i just dont undrestand you guysare all perfect and dont make mistakes i provided good photos but iam SO SORRY i may a mistake only me no one else send me the intake back ill give you ALL YOUR money back because i may a mistake and no else did not even you i offer you all your money shipping back Hows that guys i just cant live with myself youguys thinking iam trying torip someone off

Just my own opinion,... but there are lessons to be learned here.... On BOTH sides of the deal.

I looked at the original ad, and anyone who looked at it and thought that intake looked like a new intake needs their eyes examined. Even on a phone you can zoom in and look at the pictures. As someone else said, you can see the washer marks, the vacuum plug is all corroded, and you can see gasket marks from it being installed. That being said,.. it was advertised as "New" which it obviously wasn't. So that goes on the seller for misrepresenting the item. Shouldn't be a buyer beware situation on here! Sell it on Ebay or Craigslist if you want to do that to people!

What I didn't like was the following statements by the seller:
it was new to me it was new to him so it's new then right

Bad attitude!!

its was old layed around for 15 years yes it was new never ran until the rats and dirt got aholded of it

Who has the nerve to call something "New" and then make comments like that. So I can go dig something up out of the dirt and call it "New" because it was new to me and them?? Tells a lot about the seller and what kind of person they are. Those are the type people I choose not to deal with.

My opinion,.... Seller was wrong for misrepresenting. Buyer needs to pay a little more attention in the future, but deserves the full refund!

badlilred79 has been a seller on this site for a long time. I have bought more than one item from him myself. He actually gave me a break on shipping items due to the fact they were going across the border. Pretty fair by my standards. This is the first bad info I have ever read about Mike. He is NOT here to rip people off. If any of you pay attention, you already know this. His prices are fair and parts as described. (obviously this one has damage) It's winter and all the flamers here are quick to judge. I hope you never make a mistake and have your reputation slandered. Yes, we are human. My eyes are not what they used to be either. He has offered full refund with shipping and an apology. I'm am very sure that is more then some would do. It is good enough for me.

Thank you Mike. Keep being the good seller you have been for years.

Last edited:
They would pay the shipping too. If a new part was received defective (like cracked) the seller would normally make it right.

...I also see washer marks where it bolts to the head. It may have never been run but it was installed. …..
I believe it was bolted on but never run per the ad.
If I'm the buyer, once it's been bolted on, for some reason, I'm thinking it's no longer "new".
Then too, even if an item is actually "new" that doesn't always translate to good. It's likely we've experienced this and sent or taken items back for exchange or refund.

If he wants a full refund shipping too ill do it......
:thumbsup:.

Lots of opinions and the seller wants to make it right. Close this thread.

Another BOO BOO. it's nice this has been worked out. I do not agree with blasting someone on the air.
Next time do it in private, that is the right way.

badlilred, if you're not trying to rip anyone off, why don't you send him a refund and a return shipping label. He shouldn't be out any money, this is on you.

If he wants a full refund shipping too ill do it and its all my mistake no one else is mistaken not the buyer because i supply photos for everyone to look at i was trying to hide it in blane view its was old layed around for 15 years yes it was new never ran until the rats and dirt got aholded of it so iam all wrong i cant even live with myself knowning i did someone wrong knowing you guys think iam ripping poeple off(really) try tobe everyone friends and try to help you guys out since 2004 thats nothing i just dont undrestand you guysare all perfect and dont make mistakes i provided good photos but iam SO SORRY i may a mistake only me no one else send me the intake back ill give you ALL YOUR money back because i may a mistake and no else did not even you i offer you all your money shipping back Hows that guys i just cant live with myself youguys thinking iam trying torip someone off

there ya go.. stand up guy there.. return the intake for a refund and forget about it..

You can't do any more. here you are offering a full refund on part and shipping. Case closed!
now back to our regular scheduled program.

Just to explain my earlier Red X, Paypal recently extended their policy. Buyers now have a full 180 days -- six months! -- to stop their payments versus the previous 45 days.

That intake is worth every dime that you paid for it. If you don't want to keep it relist it for what you have in it somebody will buy it.

But mention the crack.

It is and I was going to say that. However, the intake was listed as new. It's not, it's damaged. I sent
You have been here long enough to know the rules here, name calling will not be tolerated , thank you...

And yet he was called a jackass in the op's first post and that was not removed as of yet. Jes sayin.

Last edited:
Seems like both sides learned something. As a buyer, I always ASK QUESTIONS, regardless of how the part is advertised, "new" used" and the like. ASK QUESTIONS. That way, when the seller says something like "It's new and undamaged" you have their answer ON FORUM for all the world to see. The buyer ONLY asked if the part was still available.

As a seller, you're responsible for making sure your part is in AS ADVERTISED CONDITION. I cannot count how many times I've seen people put something up for sale with something wrong with it clearly in the pictures and they either "didn't see it" or they "act like they didn't see it". Either way, that's on the seller.

Clearly there's some blame to go around. I agree though, new is new, not cracked and ask questions BEFORE you pay!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back