getting the dart ready for pinks 09

-

hamesdart

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Im getting the car ready for this years racing season in southern california and at the end of the year pinks all out!
Were currently collecting some small sponsors like
Phoenix Specialty Coatings and Jalopy Joes Speed Shop.
We still need alot of things before we get going
New solid cam,adjustable rocker arms,helmet,paint,new gears, pinion snubber,fuel cell...and the list goes on.
Ill be posting updates on the build as it gets put into overdrive for this season, 1st race of the year for me is april so i gotta get goin!

Hames, I'm delighted to be involved!!! I can't wait to get started helping you turn that Dart into a Pinks All Out-winnin' head turner!

FABO, thanks for joining me in supporting this great young gun ... I'm sure he'll make all of us proud. If you have a talent / expertise that might help Corbin accomplish his goal (or are willing to help sponsor him or the car in another way), don't hesitate to say so.

This is a little press release we came up with. Feel free to share it with your friends, car-related business owners and anyone with just too much money. :-D

http://www.1320x.com/profiles/blogs/new-member-intro-pinks-all

Hames,good luck and makes us proud...wish i could give ya' more but i've got my own car to support..:-D

ahh its all good. i have a few people givin what they can to get car out there. Support and a good thumbs up is all i need to get out there.
Thanks everyone.

*Update!
The guy i was hoping to paint my car came by my work today and told me he would paint the car!!!
I just have to prep it and he is gonna sponsor the paint job!!!!
Hopefully more good news to come in the future!

ok so fixed my rust finally. I got everything cut out and replaced and painted! woohooo my feet cant flinstone anymore when im out of gas though.

DSC02400.jpg

DSC02407.jpg

DSC02410.jpg

DSC02416.jpg

Lookin good Corbin! Keep up the great work. It'll be September and the cameras will be rolling before ya know it!

hey everyone! good news.
So im getting the dart ready for pinks in sept and this years racing season.
Overall the car is solid and runs 12's now but im getting a few things done on the motor and gears and such and getting the car painted and restoring the interior as well. Overall im trying to do a full restore in a few months hah,
I have my aluminum heads to put on,intake,new gaskets and everything.
The body needs a little work and paint. and interior needed alot of love.
So i am now at the part were im doing the interior.
So i got a new carpet kit, dash pad,kick plates. and a few other things.
And i got the paint i wanted for the doors and dash.
Dash will be redone with the gauges and everything and everything cleaned up thats reusable like door panels...and visors.
Ill get some pictures of the inside when im doing it.
Woohooo its comin along!

Just went to a Pinks All Out at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, Texas, last weekend. It was a blast. One of the guys in our local Mopar club was running 10.6s, but Rich chose 11.0s for the group of 16 finalists. First time he's chosen the slower cars in two years - just our luck he decided to do it during this episode.

The show will air sometime this summer. Our guy did get a feature spot in the show and lots of photos taken of his green Barracuda called "Kryptonite". Watch for it.

Good luck, Hames.

Jerry

Has Pinks ever came to Indianapolis or close to it? My car should run 10.70's or 80's. I would like to run their program once.

woohoo,
So today i got the dash sanded down and painted today. So hopefully tomorrow or the next day i will paint the doors and then after they dry start putting the new interior...carpet and so on back in. Finnally making some progress and its hopefully gonna turn out good.
Unfortunatly im on a reall reall tight budget since i started a few years ago.
Instead of buying nice 14-16$ a can (mopar dash paint) i just got some rustolium auto primer and rustolium satin black and got a decent texture and it turned out ok. When i was done i just saw a few little nicks that didnt quite get sanded out all the say and a few light spots i had to touch up a few hours later but i think it will be ok when all the new interior is in and everything it shouldnt be too noticable.
But hay! its progress

Has Pinks ever came to Indianapolis or close to it? My car should run 10.70's or 80's. I would like to run their program once.

Yes, Pinks All Out will be at ORP May 29-30. I got in the field...now I just need to build my motor! My 360 is going to step up to a 410. I should be done in the next few weeks....I hope.

Yeah, I got into the Indy show also. Hopefully, I'll figure out how to put my car back together before then. LOL!

Steve

Corbin, that's great news! It's comin along nicely. Can't wait to see some progress pics!

I got your big PSC decals in the other day too. Let me know when you're ready for them. :-D

update!
Well its not much more but like i said the dash frame is now painted and the rear door trim and headliner trim got painted as well, so once it all dries,tomorrow i will paint the doors and this weekend the interior paint will be complete and i can install the new carpet and put the door panels and seats back in.!!!
If your asking were the race is im goin to its in bakersfield in southern california.
CudaChick1968Corbin, that's great news! It's comin along nicely. Can't wait to see some progress pics
ill have some pictures soon and we can get the decals out to me! woohoo

So today i got the doors painted and interior back in...
All thats left now is to paint the gauge cluster and install it too and then get a headliner put in or put one in on my own.
Other then that the whole interior is brand new... carpet,paint,dash pad and everything, the only other change i need to make is get a100 van seats and the aluminum hemi brackets for front seats.
but its comin along!

You haven't mentioned when this event takes place. Also we all like them to look good but what motor you running and what do you still need to make it go fast? What type rockers you looking for?

update-
Finished the gauge cluster today. turned out pretty good!
Umm the race is this september in bakersfield.
As far as gofast parts i have alum heads to put on and a different intake...
Other then that im on the fence about a few things like maby switching cams but i had another thread going about if i switch cams to a solid with a little more lift i need to get rockers and also mite not have valve clearence so i would need pistons...probly switch rods then too... and bearings seals and all that so just to gain a little higher solid cam i need to replace everything unless theres a way around it. We dont know if i have stock pistons or not i was told i was but for all i know they maby aftermarket with enough clearence so i wont know till i get there.
Also doing a few little things like electric fan i have... suspension upgrades like subframe connectors,pinion snubber and switching gears
from 3.91 to 4.11. The car runs great and runs pretty hard but i would be happy if all i did was the heads and intake. The main problems i have are cosmetic like paint and now interior is done but it was terrible.
Im still looking for my camera but when i find it ill gert some pictures
As for the rocker arms i wanted a nice set of adjustable rocker arms but i dont have 5-700 dollers to spend so i was just looking for a good set of crane or comp cams set or something like that.

i honestly dont know.
i got lucky enough hearing a rumer they mite come to bakersfield and that night i looked and the registration was posted that day so i registered and they said i was accepted and everything.
I think from what the website said you have to race 2-3 races in bakersfield before the race to get a runner up spot or one of the spots someone lets go if they cancel in advance.
http://www.famosoraceway.com/

yah.
Cool thing is alot of chryslers are coming to this one.
Theres even a few people i know and live around that mite go as well.
Unfortunatly i know i have a better chance at this than the lottery
but im probly gonna be mid/high 11's if im miraculasly lucky maby low 11's
So i have to hope ill get the car ready in time,get e.t. low enough in range for them to pick my time bracket,then race..... so we will see.
But if nothing else ill make a few passes... only this time i have a chance to win some money and have fun.!!!! woohoooo

-
Back