Ggrrrrreeeeeaaaaaat

-

7172 duster

7172 duster
Legendary Member
Reaction score
100_0285.jpg
[/IMG] The duster is cooking , 6.65 1/8 mile with a 1.43 60 ft. times 414 stroker 3250 lbs. indy head monster. Here is something for your enjoyment. CLICK ON BOTTOM IMAGE
7172duster
[/URL][/IMG]

Shheeees that was great 7172 duster, You have a winner there!!! :blob:
Great job on standing up and going straight :headbang:

Damn! :thumbup: What rear gear are you running? 8 3/4, Dana 60, or ford 9"? Has the chassis been back-halfed? Sure as heck launches straight. I'm assuming this is with the new 541hp 408 stroker? Are you running a 727 or 904? What stall and brand torque convertor? No nitrous, right? Stock front k-member? What shocks up front?

OK, I think my interogation is complete now! :director: LOL! There's multiple reasons why I'm being so pesky, here goes:

1. My drag racing experience is mostly with motorcycles, so chassis setup on cars is way new to me.

2. I've come to this site to absorb as much info as possible before I get an A-body so I can do it right the first time.

3. My fiance's dad knows someone out in Witchita KS who has a duster that was raced but is now retired under a car cover. I think I can get this sucker this coming fall. That's why I'm trying to get my truck done so I can tow it back.

4. I've got a good 360 block just waiting for a stroker kit, that's why I had so many questions about your build.

Thanks for your time. I understand if you don't want give away all this information, but even a little would be helpful.

Ahh haaa.. you WOOPED his @$$.. nice work man.. thats a strong engine.. the one you just built right?
Mmm.. niceness
Thanks for sharing.. i dig this ****.. I LOVE MOPARS

100_0237.jpg
[/IMG]
100_0240.jpg
[/IMG] 8.75 mopar rear chunk, 4.30 gear with 35 spline axles, and full spool , Caltrac monoleaf w caltrac adjustable bars, the rear chassis is stock with the exeption of removing a little bit of the wheel opening in front of the tire the rear tire is a 30x9 on a 10 in. rim with a 4.5 back space. front is a stock K member and suspention with a little tweaking and 90/10 shocks , I hope this helps NICK. The torque converter is 5000 PTC. noNOS lol

7172 duster said:
8.75 mopar rear chunk, 4.30 gear with 35 spline axles, and full spool , Caltrac monoleaf w caltrac adjustable bars, the rear chassis is stock with the exeption of removing a little bit of the wheel opening in front of the tire the rear tire is a 30x9 on a 10 in. rim with a 4.5 back space. front is a stock K member and suspention with a little tweaking and 90/10 shocks , I hope this helps NICK. The torque converter is 5000 PTC. noNOS lol

Thanks Nick!

That Duster sure does launch straight for not being back-halved. I know you are using a roll cage, I'm assuming you have sub-frame connectors?

That is one REAL SWEET DUSTER! Are you running a transbrake in the car.That sumbitch sure jumped out the hole relly good and went relly straight! Congratulations on a nice looking and running car! :thumbup:

Bobby

Nice hole shot and nice ride. It hooks well for only 9 inch slicks a lot better then some I have seen. That is one badass ride way to go!

:love4: Love your Duster. I guess that is a great testament on how well the Caltrac works.

100_0279.jpg
[/IMG]
1969340dart said:
That is one REAL SWEET DUSTER! Are you running a transbrake in the car.That sumbitch sure jumped out the hole relly good and went relly straight! Congratulations on a nice looking and running car! :thumbup:

Bobby
I want to thank everyone for your compliments on the duster!! This is a footbrake car , we race by the seat of our pants, LOL .the one thing we have as far as electronics is a rev limiter , it has been bumped a few times trying to get familiar with the new setup. LOL 1-2 shift is really quick , almost as soon as you let go of the footbrake ,and stab the throttle you shift . By the way when someone says they have so much hp.
000_0044.jpg
[/IMG]

-
Back