Gifted Edelbrock 1406 cleaning

-
I just pulled my 1405 apart and back together yesterday (gas went bad) in about an hour. All gaskets were reusable. The accel pump was still good. Easy and simple to do.

Key points to address are the primary venturi assemblies and air bleeds. Pull them off and check every small port with a wire and blow out with carb spray. Also spray through the ports in the main body to clean out the a/f passages leading to the adjustment needles.

When you pull the squirter there is a brass piston and ball bearing under it in the passage from the accelerator pump. Clean it out good.

I love working on carbs!
Awesome
Just doing mine between work, home, and puppy’s!!

Awesome
Just doing mine between work, home, and puppy’s!!

1F29843A-387C-4C5A-8FD5-49767DAE1CCD.jpeg

904C2714-ADFA-4572-AB5F-7C991545D79C.jpeg

050BCFD5-F4F5-41B6-B139-C936E7445613.jpeg

88838E98-1C77-4389-9238-DD642C6E10E4.jpeg

6749554E-66CD-4ED7-89D4-6DDE07EADB5E.jpeg

I just pulled my 1405 apart and back together yesterday (gas went bad) in about an hour. All gaskets were reusable. The accel pump was still good. Easy and simple to do.

Key points to address are the primary venturi assemblies and air bleeds. Pull them off and check every small port with a wire and blow out with carb spray. Also spray through the ports in the main body to clean out the a/f passages leading to the adjustment needles.

When you pull the squirter there is a brass piston and ball bearing under it in the passage from the accelerator pump. Clean it out good.

I love working on carbs!
WEAR EYE PROTECTION !!!. Carb spray in the eyes coming out of a passage you don't expect is NO fun. Don't ask me how I know.

I love working on carbs!
As he stated check your air bleeds. You can find out the correct size and use a torch tip cleaner if you have stuborn buildup.

-
Back