Budget Mopar Police Car

-
Cool Dartsport. Now you need one of those big *** 72" antennas they had back in the day.

Tip--------Look for the dog dish hubcaps with the holes in them

Weren't those 1974 or 75 and later?

It's absolute hell to do research on original equipment for Mopar police-package cars online - especially given all the TV clones and incorrectly restored cars - but the speed-hole style caps only seem to show up afterwards. The Adam-12 1972 Satellites (which are said to be tacked-on to the LAPD orders and authentic) had solid caps.

Cop-Cars-1971-Plymouth-Belvedere.jpg

And as an aside on Adam 12 - the 1968 Belvedere from the first season wore covers that looked nothing like what we usually associate with the '70s and '80s equipment, and I'm pretty sure that this car was also LAPD spec, front sway bar and all:

adam-106-10.jpg

The '75 "Police 1" Monaco from the Dukes of Hazzard has the holes, but I honestly don't know if this thing was a police package vehicle to begin with, and the rims look like brand-new Classic Industries repops, so the hubcaps may have been thrown on it:

dukes028.jpg

-Kurt

Being a '65, I wanted a set of dog dishes that were from that year, but everyone wanted more than I was willing to pay at the moment. I already have two sets of later model hubcaps. One set has holes and the other does not, so for now I'll go with which ones look better and then later possibly go back to a '65 hubcap. It'll give it the proper look since most people won't even realize there's a difference.

-
Back