Gimme some clutch suggestions please

-

JohnnyJet

Reaction score
I need a new clutch setup to be mated to a 390 horse 360 crate motor. Id like a nice easy pedal pressure for cruising and good performance for the rare drag strip visit.

I highly recommend you talk to Wayne or one of the guys at Brewers Transmission before buying anything. They are Mopar guys. They recommended something totally different in which I was going to buy at Summit and most likely wouldn't have liked it. I am very satisfied with what they set me up with.

http://www.brewersperformance.com/

While I have a Centerforce II, I'm not so happy with the diapharm set up.

What's it doing bud?

Lazy pedal. Needed a helper spring to return the pedal all the way up. This is outlined in the instructions by CenterForce.

While I will say, with no doubt in my mind, this set up holds the power very well of my last engine set up. Clearly over 400HP with moderate RPM clutch dumping on take off and, well, simply side stepping the clutch (Letting it up via moving the foot to the side instead of moving the foot up with the pedal.)
I'd side step it above 6,500. No issue. Grab and go.

Lazy pedal. Needed a helper spring to return the pedal all the way up. This is outlined in the instructions by CenterForce.

While I will say, with no doubt in my mind, this set up holds the power very well of my last engine set up. Clearly over 400HP with moderate RPM clutch dumping on take off and, well, simply side stepping the clutch (Letting it up via moving the foot to the side instead of moving the foot up with the pedal.)
I'd side step it above 6,500. No issue. Grab and go.

So what's happening is the the diaphragm isn't strong enough to push the pedal all the back up? Do you still have the over center spring in?

Side step?? So that basically lets the clutch out super fast? I've got to learn the manual transmission maneuvers... I've always been a automatic guy.LOL

So what's happening is the the diaphragm isn't strong enough to push the pedal all the back up? Do you still have the over center spring in?

Side step?? So that basically lets the clutch out super fast? I've got to learn the manual transmission maneuvers... I've always been a automatic guy.LOL

It never was and the overcenterspring is there.

Side step instructions, depress clutch to the floor, piviot your foot to the left useing your heel as the piviot point, allow pedal to slam upwards, your done.

When your gear ratio is very high, you need to learn how to do it up and down right and fast. I only have 4.10's so I had time between shifts. Unlike a higher gear ratio, you need to pump that pedal fast since your running through the gears very fast.

Humm, I better go over the instructions and look at what I did....or didn't do. I have to tell ya, I have not ran the car in 6 years.

-
Back