give me a reason to leave this thing original

-

stinkbug69

Reaction score
ok guys and gals, this a mostly original 63 valiant. it has been painted but it was painted close to the og color, and the interior has been done back to og colors and the po put in a aftermarket under dash a/c. other than that, the car is prestine, i even have the the original owners manual, service stamp booklet and the build sheet from plymouth, its in kinda ruff shape, but i do have, it. im really needing a reason to keep this thing OG. im not one of the purist types by no means. its a daily driver and i really like the car, but i want to do so many things to it. but i really hate cut it up too.

thanks yall

stink :snakeman:

car 013.jpg

car 014.jpg

car 015.jpg

Build the thing how you want it! If you dont like the car its worthless in my opinion. If you dont want to cut it up, sell it and get something you dont mind customizing.

She is a little sweety, I would play a little like Memike is with his "Buzzin'half dozen" and drive her. There are alot out there to cut up and make hotrods out of, just my opinion.

I would leave it just as it is. She's a dandy! If you want a hot rod find yourself a little 2 door post car.

well then let me ask this question, what is some thing like this worth. i have done the nada and kbb thing, but we all know that those really mean nothing to someone that really wants one. so maybe ill put it in the for sale thread and see what someone thinks its worth???????

I'd say a good reason not to mess with it is that its a 4-door. Don't waste your time with it, sell it and get a 2-door, and modify the heck out of that instead. But really, do what you want. I just don't think much of 4-dr cars.
-Tim

Don't touch it....well too much, it's great, looks like an old airforce staff car in that blue. I'd paint the wheels to match, stick with black walls.
It's only original once, and 4 doors look silly mod'd up.

Just cruise it til you find a two door and then do what ever you want. Being a mor-door it's going to be worth more stock. JMO

Do you think someday an electric or some other drive system will be available that could be dropped in almost anything ? Do you think there will be people looking for vintage unmolested vehicles like yours to drop such a drive system into ?
I would much rather drive your Valiant with a Prius drive train in it than to drive a Prius.
Just my .02 crazy as it sounds. Good luck with it.

I got a gun I'll swap you for it.

Nice find....!!!!!! Do what ever you want with it.....personally I would keep it a super-6 cruiser/driver 8)

Rickster

Do whatever you want with it. This is yours. If it was me I would personally leave it the way it is for a fun driver. I would also find a 2 door whatever as my modified ride. If money is the main factor your car is worth the most it will ever be as it sits. I would give it about a $4000 value in Michigan. Just my opinion.

I love it as-is EXCEPT for whatever is up with that grill.
If it were mine (and I'd love to have it) I'd do a few simple things to make it stand out.

Fix the grill.
Paint the wheels body color, keep the same caps.
Put on 2" or 3" whitewalls
White fuzzy dice from the mirror, and add a passenger side view (for safety, not looks).
MAYBE do a white vinyl top, but that's really stretching it.

Love the car, especially the color. Yeah, two doors are sportier and nice. But you already have this one, it's a great car, and it has that AC which has to be a real plus in GA. I vote drive it, save your pennies, and buy another as a toy. If you get one that needs work, you won't have the same guilt about modding a pristine car.

Because it is so nice the way it is.
Because being a 4-door it is so practical, serviceable and economical the way it was originally designed.
Because there will still be upgrades you can make to make it even better.
Because a slant is simpler than a v8
Because it has working a/c
Because sometimes an a-body picks it's owner and the owner has to adapt his plans to the car.

Just enjoy the car for what it is and enjoy making small changes.

Now if I could figure out a way to get PAID for giving my opinion about things lol....

I would just get a correct grille and drive it. As an anachronistic daily driver it would be hard to beat (technology has come a long way in 47 years). I used my 65 as a commuter car for a couple years.

The slant should give you 22-24 mpg, and keep up with traffic fine. The 9" drums will be marginal in big city traffic, but adequate if in good condition.

If it were mine, it would grow a front swaybar, gas shocks, electronic ignition, a decent stereo and seatbelts. I would focus on fixing anything that is broke and enjoy the car.

If you want a really fast car, or really great handling car, start with something else.

Put a really nice set of rims and rubber, shave the rear door handles off, take out the slant 6 put in a s.b V8, a 273 if you do want something too radical and upgrade other drivetrain components if required to accommodate the larger engine. Leave the rest of the car original and untouched. Any original parts that are removed, store them in the garage so they go back on or with the car in the future if desired.

Beautiful car!!Look at it this way,you have a car,4 door or not that is in awesome shape and being 47 years old and it is a part of good ol American Iron history and will never be made again.Most of these 4 doors are rotting away or being crushed.If it was mine,I would find some nice aftermarket bolt on wheels,fix the grille,clean up the engine,tune her up and drive here.=)
Maybe put a new stereo in it,but hide it in the glove box to keep it looking OG.Stock dosent always have to be boring.

-
Back