Give me an idea of what this will be running

-

valiant360

Reaction score
71 valiant 4 door- completetly striped , all the underdash stuff, carpet, seats etc. stock gas tank gone , replaced with fuel cell. I dont know the weight, But I would guess atleast 200 pounds taken off.

360 bored .040 over 280/280 484. lift cam

stock heads, air gap intake, carter 625cfm carb, headers, 391 gears with sure-grip

255/50 on the back , 6 cylinder torsion bars, add a leafs on back

727 shift kit
tci break away converter, somewhere around 2400-2600 stall

If tuned correctly and shifting around 6000rpm, what would be a good guess on ET 1/4 mile time.

I would guess around 12.80 to 13.20. Hope I didn't insult you. That is going to be one fast modigger. YOu will need slicks, walts .02 cents, :headbang:

I would say mid to low 13's. With tuning and traction maybe a high 12.

Your build is extremely close to mine and I have gotten a 12.9 four or five times but never any better. You should be a 10'th or 2 lighter than me also.

It's gonna run good! :headbang:

Very similar to the 68 Valiant I raced for Angelo 2 years ago when the Dart Sport was for sale. Almost exact combo except to the addition of a Holley 750. I could footbrake that combo up to 1800 for launch. That ran a trio of 13.30's at 104. The car scaled in that day at 3090 without me.

Valiant 2.jpg

Valiant Photos by Jim.jpg

valiant360 said:
71 valiant 4 door- completetly striped , all the underdash stuff, carpet, seats etc. stock gas tank gone , replaced with fuel cell. I dont know the weight, But I would guess atleast 200 pounds taken off.

360 bored .040 over 280/280 484. lift cam

stock heads, air gap intake, carter 625cfm carb, headers, 391 gears with sure-grip

255/50 on the back , 6 cylinder torsion bars, add a leafs on back

727 shift kit
tci break away converter, somewhere around 2400-2600 stall

If tuned correctly and shifting around 6000rpm, what would be a good guess on ET 1/4 mile time.

13.00 but you will likely need some slicks to get it. I hope you have added welded in frame connectors - big difference with traction and body twist.

Ohhh I like that 4 door! No I havent welded any frame connectors. I was thinking about it though. Since I'm a fitter/welder by trade it wont be hard to do. Does anyone have some pics on the proper placement of the connectors?

Dr j , Also did you beat that red truck in the second pic? Were you running a tci breakaway converter?

TCI 2400. I'm pretty sure it was a Street Fighter. I forgot to mention that this 727 had not shift kit or anything like it. This was shifted 1-2-3 on the good ol' column. Yes, the Red Truck went down. He ran a 14.92 at 92.44. The 1st pic with the Charger was a crazy tight race. Wait until you see the vid I post from that day and have a look at the tower for the ET's

Jay that was your Brother in laws car ? I saw it New Fairfiled one day and remember it being for sale on Moparts.

Adam, the tan 4 door was Angelos other Valiant that got sold to a guy named Vince in Waterbury in early 2006. Angelo owned that car when he owned the blue 2 door. He sold it to his friend Pete that lived in the Danbury area and then bought it back in the summer of 2006 then sold it to Vince. My brother in laws car is the Blue Duster.

-
Back