What will my 340 run? and what intake and carb?

-
but in your honest opinion, you havent really said if you think she'll hold up...whats your opinion on that- coming from a mustang guy? you think it'll hold or it'll crap out...

Barring any preexisting conditions with the trans (previous owner abused it. etc) I think if you set it up right, I think there's a really good chance it'll last quite a while. Make sure the clutch is right, use good fluid, etc.

My '95 Cobra was at about the level I'm guessing your 340 will be. I made a lot of passes with a stock trans and clutch and that pig weighed 3600 lbs with me in it. I broke the stock carrier and never had problems with the trans.

I've had much better luck with those transmissions than their reputation would indicate, but I have broken a lot of stuff learning about clutches and fluid and crap.

I think everyone who rocks a T-5 should probably have a spare, and should learn how to work on them. It's not that hard (you only need a press for one bearing), and if you do tear them up, you'll save a TON of money in no time by doing your own work.

Hey scott, thanks for the advice...i dont expect to pull of any awesome times especially at first...I still have to get good at driving a stick before i can even expect a decent timeslip...and steve, thanks for the opinion- I have had the tranny opened up since i was worried that a tranny coming from a junkyard car would be junk...but when i opened it up all was good on the inside...I will definatly invest in some good fluid for it, good clutch, and good shifter...I think im going to learn to powershift in another car since i dont want to destroy the t5 by learning in mine...I have the T5 repair manual, so if something did happen i would definatly fix it myself- its not a very complicated tranny...I'd like to look around for a spare, but im not sure if i'd rather just upgrade the internals (maybe g-force it or get liberty to treat the gears) or just upgrade to a tko...but we'll see how this holds up for now...I appreciate everyone's opinion on things

oh and one last thing...I have heard that the higher rear end gear ratio numerically that i go, the better the tranny will hold up...is this true? if it is, i think im going to try to find some 4.56's for trade or sale

well, the rear end usually holds up better since the ring is bigger, but I don't know about the trans. Of course it seems like everything I've ever had has had *at least* a 3.73 in it, so maybe there's something to that.

just found this intake in the garage today

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2176

I think im going to run it since anything is better over the stock heavy cast peice...is this manifold any good? I know the air gap would be ideal, but i already have this and am starting to head towards the broke direction lol

just found this intake in the garage today

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=EDL-2176

I think im going to run it since anything is better over the stock heavy cast peice...is this manifold any good? I know the air gap would be ideal, but i already have this and am starting to head towards the broke direction lol
It will work til funds are available!I also want another RPM Air-Gap,but this TorkerII was under the bench.It,s on my 360 and will have to do til L8TERON!LOL!

re and re of 66 Dart 006.jpg

-
Back