Glove box latch

-

340 swinger

Reaction score
I found a locking glove box latch under the seat of my swinger. Anybody here know how the knob comes off to install?

I think it's just two screws on the backside of the box. The whole assembly comes out. Mine has no lock. Not sure if you can take the knob off?

I found a locking glove box latch under the seat of my swinger. Anybody here know how the knob comes off to install?

Do you have a key? What year Dart is it? Probably a retainer up front on the plug.I will look it up and let you know.

Did some checking,I hope you have a key for the lock.It needs to be in the locked position.Just back from the the face you should see a little window and some spring loaded flat tumblers in side.The very front tumbler should be a diff color,maybe a steel color but not brass like the rest(5 of those).Push the front tumbler down,which is actually a retainer that holds the lock plug in.The plug,front face,should come out.Let me know if ya have any problems.8)

Did some checking,I hope you have a key for the lock.It needs to be in the locked position.Just back from the the face you should see a little window and some spring loaded flat tumblers in side.The very front tumbler should be a diff color,maybe a steel color but not brass like the rest(5 of those).Push the front tumbler down,which is actually a retainer that holds the lock plug in.The plug,front face,should come out.Let me know if ya have any problems.8)

It's for my 70 swinger and the original key fits it. Thanks for the info and will try it today.

70 swinger 340 4 speed rallye dash, now a mopar performance 408 crate.

-
Back