GM power steer pump

-

mo-cars

Reaction score
I've seen a few guys here use the GM type II PS pump , since my engine came without a pump I will be doing the same , but before I go ordering the pump and Chrysler pulley .
I notice there are two shaft sizes available on the GM pumps 5/8 and 3/4 .
which one is the closest fit to the Chrysler pulley , also which belt did you use I came up with Gates K060810 from some of the pictures I've seen here .

Here's how I did it. Reilly Motorsports makes a bracket. You have to call him about it. I used a 98-01 Camaro type 2 pump. Instead of using a Chysler pulley I used a Pontiac Montana Van pulley.

I can post part numbers from Rock Auto when I can.

Riddler

The 5/8", .662 IIRC, is the one I have with a truck 4.7 PS pulley.

Attachments

• IMAG0054_zps3b40fb52.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 340
I modified the stock pump brackets and made one new bracket for my swap. Works great. Used a new style hemi pulley and machined a keyway slot in it and it slid right over the factory pump shaft

Thanks for replys , Riddler looks like you have the 3/4 shaft pump , or more correctly 19mm since these are metric pumps , and BBSwinger has the 17mm shaft in which case a 17mm Chrysler or GM Saganaw pulley should fit .
I've been doing a bit of searching I'll post up what I end up with.

any success with the power steer pump?
I have the original 5.7 pump but need to reduce the pressure from 1700 to about 1000 any ideas on this one ?

We were talking about the Saginaw Type II pumps that came on a lot of GM products.
From what I have found in this forum , The pressure can not be reduced internally on the G 3 Hemi pump.

-
Back