Gm to Mopar jumper

-

rbkt65

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I put a street rod tilt column in my 71 dart and it has a Gm t/s switch. I am going to try to use as much factory wiring as I came. So I went to junk yard and found the Gm body side connector from an early truck and adapted it to my harness. Plug and play. Small victory.

20231119_133929.jpg

20231119_132757.jpg

Thank you. To make sure my soldering was good, I checked each wire with the ohm meter. Checked good. The legend with the column, tells you what each wire operates. I just compared it to the fsm wiring and made the correct connections. I am going to use a heavy duty marine key switch, 4 pin, and do the same with it to connect it to the factory wiring harness for starting.

Nice! Clean and looks like a factory built part. Good job!
Syleng1

I put a street rod tilt column in my 71 dart and it has a Gm t/s switch. I am going to try to use as much factory wiring as I came. So I went to junk yard and found the Gm body side connector from an early truck and adapted it to my harness. Plug and play. Small victory.

View attachment 1716168420

View attachment 1716168421
What did you do about the ign2 circuit, AKA bypass?

What did I do about it? Nothing yet as i had to work today. But I searched the forum archives and found a post from July 19,2020. It was addressing the same issue. I have read over it a couple times and am probably going to do it that way. That guy's name is 67Dart273. do you think that guy is still around? Hahahaha.

-
Back