Going rate on a V-8 K frame

-
just buy conversion mounts, unless of course you need to do a suspension rebuild anyways. Only way it makes sense to swap k frames is if you are going to take everything apart anyways. Its nice to have it all put together outside of the car before you start pulling the old apart

What year K member? Spool $100-$150, Biscuit $50, '67 not, early A IDK.

picked up a nice spool mount one 2 years ago at a swap meet
for 50.00 already cleaned and painted

I have never paid more than $50 for a spool V8 k-member, but I may be in the near future. I've seen them for more at swap meets and they ALWAYS go home with the seller. I make big block k-members out of them so I am adding value, but they are getting harder to find...

I wouldnt pay for one unless it was a spool mount then $100 would be my limit.
The Trans-Dapt swap mounts are about $64

I have never paid more than $50 for a spool V8 k-member. I've seen them for more at swap meets and they ALWAYS go home with the seller. but they are getting harder to find...

They don't ALWAYS go home with the seller. I sold TWO at the Capital City Mopars swap for $100 each.
Go ahead... TRY to find them at pick-n-pull. They are not growing on trees. When you DO find one, they charge $60 including taxes and the tack-on fees. Pull it out of the car, DRIVE it home, clean it, paint it and tell ME that I ask too much.
$100 is cheap.

I bought a biscuit style one local for $75 last month. It was already cleaned up and in good shape. I will sell my Shumaker mounts when I swap the engine this winter and it will be free.

They don't ALWAYS go home with the seller. I sold TWO at the Capital City Mopars swap for $100 each.
Go ahead... TRY to find them at pick-n-pull. They are not growing on trees. When you DO find one, they charge $60 including taxes and the tack-on fees. Pull it out of the car, DRIVE it home, clean it, paint it and tell ME that I ask too much.
$100 is cheap.

I agree.......

Franken, things may be changing and I may still be interested in the ones you have left. Last time I bought one at Pick-N-Pull it was $30-ish and that wasn't all that long ago. They have been charging too much on a lot of things lately, though.

-
Back