Gold membership

-

oldkimmer

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I got a message from Joey about a week ago that my gold was gonna run out soon. It said not to renew it till it runs out. So I waited. It ran out today. I got another message from Joey saying to go to this link that he supplied. I got here and pay pal wants to do automatic payments to Joey for any and all requests. I don’t do automatic payments to anyone. Now that I’m not a gold member I can’t access the forum to buy a membership. WTF is up with that? So if I can’t do it as in the past I’ll be non gold. Thanks. Kim

Joey, we need your help clearing this up please.

Is this a PayPal issue, FABO issue, or both?

FABO will be at risk of loosing many Gold members if it is only an automatic pay deal.

@Joeychgo

I went through this.....Let the payment be processed, then go to your Paypal acct. and cancel the auto pay. Easy peasy.

If I remember correctly @toolmanmike gifted you the Gold Membership a year ago.

Maybe one of our other gifted members can donate you "The Gold Membership" again and get you up and running no problem ???

Plan B if nobody steps up, I can gift you the gold with my paypal, then when it goes through you can paypal me back for the cost of the membership. Think it is around 50 dollars right now.

Can do this asap if that works for you.
George Jets

I got a message from Joey about a week ago that my gold was gonna run out soon. It said not to renew it till it runs out. So I waited. It ran out today. I got another message from Joey saying to go to this link that he supplied. I got here and pay pal wants to do automatic payments to Joey for any and all requests. I don’t do automatic payments to anyone. Now that I’m not a gold member I can’t access the forum to buy a membership. WTF is up with that? So if I can’t do it as in the past I’ll be non gold. Thanks. Kim
I moved this thread so @Joeychgo will get a notification. (he will now for sure) There is a way around the auto pay but I haven't seen how it's done.

Thanks guys. Joey got back to me. CFD244 nailed it. That’s what Joey told me. I’ll do that later when I have some time. I was not gifted Gold on this site. It was on FBBO. Thanks to George and Mike. I have renewed that one a month or 2 ago. I didn’t know I could cancel the auto payment. Kim

I think the best solution would be to not mandate an automatic renewal process.

it was something people asked me for - considering you can easily back out of it I thought I would try it. Besides, you'll be notified by the site before your charged anyway.

I think the best solution would be to not mandate an automatic renewal process.
it was something people asked me for - considering you can easily back out of it I thought I would try it. Besides, you'll be notified by the site before your charged anyway.
If you’re automatically notified by FABO it doesn’t seem to make sense that you’re automatically billed by PayPal.
Like a few other members here I’m not getting any younger, and I wouldn’t want my account to be billed automatically if I checked out.
JMO

If you’re automatically notified by FABO it doesn’t seem to make sense that you’re automatically billed by PayPal.
Like a few other members here I’m not getting any younger, and I wouldn’t want my account to be billed automatically if I checked out.
JMO
if I checked out.
agree, but consider that you could be
Gone and Gold at the same time.

When I just renewed mine it just re routed me back to fabo didn’t show how/where to cancel the auto payment. I guess I have to go back into pay pal to try and find it. Couldn’t find it on their site. Kim

Last edited:
When I just renewed mine it just re routed me back to fabo didn’t show how/where to cancel the auto payment. I guess I have to go back into pay pal to try and find it. Couldn’t find it on their site. Kim
Hi Kim

1) Log into your paypal account.
2) Hit the cog in the upper right corner of the screen
3) Hit the payments drop down menu
4) Hit manage Automatic Payments.

Follow the prompts

I got a message from Joey about a week ago that my gold was gonna run out soon. It said not to renew it till it runs out. So I waited. It ran out today. I got another message from Joey saying to go to this link that he supplied. I got here and pay pal wants to do automatic payments to Joey for any and all requests. I don’t do automatic payments to anyone. Now that I’m not a gold member I can’t access the forum to buy a membership. WTF is up with that? So if I can’t do it as in the past I’ll be non gold. Thanks. Kim[/QUOTE

I am in the same boat! I will renew but do not want automatic renewals!

I am in the same boat! I will renew but do not want automatic renewals!

I went through this.....Let the payment be processed, then go to your Paypal acct. and cancel the auto pay. Easy peasy.

Hi Kim

1) Log into your paypal account.
2) Hit the cog in the upper right corner of the screen
3) Hit the payments drop down menu
4) Hit manage Automatic Payments.

Follow the prompts

-
Back