Gold/Silver?

-

Small Block

Reaction score
Which would be the most desireable to stack away should one come up with enough money to invest? Our currency is no longer based on the Gold but there is some value in the industrial sector for both the Gold and Silver. Lets hear some facts if ya got em and while we're at it some opinions might be valuable for further consideration. Maybe some long range forcasts. What's your thoughts guys and gals?
Small Block

Silver........ Most of us can afford a little right now, the big banks can't keep it's value down for much longer, to many little guys are buying it up... both silver and gold markers are gonna explode here shortly....

I wouldn't buy gold or silver. You would be buying at fear based high.

Think of precious metals as the housing market 3 years ago. Way up in price and a long way down when the crash comes.

My guess is that the same people that profited from the housing boom are the ones pushing this stuff.

Put your money in a mutual fund.

I wouldn't buy gold or silver. You would be buying at fear based high.

Think of precious metals as the housing market 3 years ago. Way up in price and a long way down when the crash comes.

My guess is that the same people that profited from the housing boom are the ones pushing this stuff.

Put your money in a mutual fund.

I would have to agree I think the current prices are based on fear and will crash in a few years.

I would have to agree I think the current prices are based on fear and will crash in a few years.

Think what you want, the bigger picture here is that China and Russia are buying up all thay can get their hands on right now, that should be a big red flag...

LOL yea, what Greenhornet said.

IMO, Gold is where to purchase and hide/stash/protect your money if you had a decent amount.

The stock market is another very good place to have your money work for you, but the rise and falls of the market can have you jumping out of windows. I've lost 90K in one day twice.

The stock market is another very good place to have your money work for you, but the rise and falls of the market can have you jumping out of windows. I've lost 90K in one day twice.
You only loose when you sell. It's not for the feint of heart, though. I used to be an investor. Lately I'm also becoming somewhat of a trader (using my own money, not margin). There is opportunity in that volatility.

I definately prefer stocks / etfs over other investment vehicles. Now is a great time to get in.

Silver. Its a slow climb but its been going up.
Check out www.kitco.com and checked the graph charts that go back a long ways... you will see that both gold and silver have been climbing.
It might give you a idea which to choose.

-RPM

Depending on how much $$ you are looking to invest I would be thinking houses. People always need somewhere to sleep, whether they own or rent, popluation is expanding quicker than it ever has. Gold is high, and it seems riskier..not based on facts, just my opinion. Good luck and if ya wanna buy gold SB, you could buy me sumpin'

Silver today just went over $30.00........

SB_LINE_365DAY_BIG.PNG

Here's some advice guys whether you like it or not. Get off your asses and do your own research and quit paying some snotty nose kid that makes money when ya sell and when ya buy. He dont give a damn if you make money or not. Oh you bet, he'll buy all you want, when you want and what you want. He dont care what it is. There's too many companies out there that will help ya do your own trading and offer no advice. I dont need their bullshit no good advice. Been there, done that. If ya dont care what happens to your money and feel good about taking care of some pompas *** CEO then head on out and get some Mutual Funds. Dont come whining to me when the pricks take a 10 million dollar bonus and you didn't make jack. People need to take contol of their lives and quit letting others control their livelyhood. Aint no stock broker ever told ya that you could make money when a company went to hell in a hand basket. I'll gaurantee ya that these guys dont know anymore than i do. Get a grip on it guys and do your own stuff. You'll like it and there wont be no one to blame but you......and me. You wont get my attention until you start talking 30% every two months. Now lets talk. If your brain dead then hand over your money to someone that dont give a rats *** about you. Did ya sell short on Martha Stewart stock when she went to prison and buy back when it bottomed out? Find a company thats about to do poorly. If any of you guys would like to talk just say so. I dont want your money. I'd just like to see ya do good. Leave gold and silver alone. If ya look around you'll notice that a "one world goverment" is upon us and the equalization of currency is ineveitable. No monetary system is backed by gold or silver. It is backed by Oil in the right region. By the way, that's a tip. Nothing wrong with paying attention.
Small Block

I'm a small time investor, so gold is out of my range.. I checked out quiet a few sources, I even checked out what silver is going for on ebay right now, $30 to $35 an ounce for .999... I've got a box of silver coins my dad bought 30 years ago, I'm not looking for a buy today sell tomorrow deal, I'm looking to just sit on it.... I'm not even going to mention some of the long term prices I've heared on silver, y'all will think I'm nuts... And it's like you said Small Block, if I lose my *** it's my own doing and not some clown with a briefcase... I'm not a gambling man, I'm going to be 100% certain before I invest in anything....

I dunno bout gold or silver even though I have some but what I want to know is what good are either of those if this country takes a dump, which too me is never gonna happen

I think that having a decent sized organic garden and a good well is more important for a sustainable lifestyle when you cannot eat gold or your investments.

I could go on but you wouldn't want to hear it

I dunno bout gold or silver even though I have some but what I want to know is what good are either of those if this country takes a dump, which too me is never gonna happen

I think that having a decent sized organic garden and a good well is more important for a sustainable lifestyle when you cannot eat gold or your investments.

I could go on but you wouldn't want to hear it

very true about the garden!! and the country is already falling and has been...

As green hornet said tho that silver is at a much lower price today than gold, but because of this will have the most increase...

the rest o the world is denouncing the dollar and china is letting the populace buy gold and silver... again red flag...

I bought both gold and silver a couple of years ago when gold was 900. And silver was 9.00. The silver has tripled and gold has went up by 1/2. I have been in finance for 35 yrs and i can't see anything ahead for the us but a big crash. No matter what happens gold and silver will have value even if it is on the black market. I agree with smallblock on brokers. I use ameritrade
and do my own buying & selling. The downside of gold and silver is i don't like to keep it around the house and i hope i can get to the safe deposit box
if the banks close.
Stan

very true about the garden!! and the country is already falling and has been...

As green hornet said tho that silver is at a much lower price today than gold, but because of this will have the most increase...

the rest o the world is denouncing the dollar and china is letting the populace buy gold and silver... again red flag...

And when opec denounce's the dollar guess what?? American can only buy oil with gold or silver.... You sure can't eat gold or silver but what will you be able to buy without it when paper money value is equal to toilet paper....

And when opec denounce's the dollar guess what?? American can only buy oil with gold or silver.... You sure can't eat gold or silver but what will you be able to buy without it when paper money value is equal to toilet paper....

its scary where were headed and how far we have become... were becoming slaves to our own country...

-
Back