gonna go see what it runs tonite!

-

bad440

everything,all the time..
Reaction score
finally gonna take the dart to the track.hoping for mid 12s at least.gonna be a long drive with 456s.....will post results when i get home...

The car should click that # like nothing. 4.56 gears may be a little much for a 360 in a light car. My car ran the same time with 3.91's as it did with 4.30's. For what its worth, I ran 12.90's at 104 with a 360 that had 340 Jheads, dual plane intake, 750 dp holley, and a .484 lift/284 advertised duration cam. Had a 3000 stall and 3.91 gears (I drove it an hour to get to the strip). Raced it as I drove it, full exhaust, etc. Your project sounds much more healthier than my 1000 dollar motor. Good Luck!

The car should click that # like nothing. 4.56 gears may be a little much for a 360 in a light car. My car ran the same time with 3.91's as it did with 4.30's. For what its worth, I ran 12.90's at 104 with a 360 that had 340 Jheads, dual plane intake, 750 dp holley, and a .484 lift/284 advertised duration cam. Had a 3000 stall and 3.91 gears (I drove it an hour to get to the strip). Raced it as I drove it, full exhaust, etc. Your project sounds much more healthier than my 1000 dollar motor. Good Luck!
thanks it should run quicker but i dont want to say it will run xxxx and it runs like a pig.and i have only street raced it...

Good time slips start with good traction..... Can't wait to see the results!

Lisa and I will have our cars out tonight. I put new heads on my Pontiac and it is hauling A right now. Ran 10.20s @ 129 on 9 inch tires and CalTracs so far and the car is over 3400 lbs. See ya out there! I have a free entry to the Wed drags if you want it its yours( tech card) but we will need to meet outside the gate. What time are you arriving at the track?

Nice offer by Wheelsup... That's awesome. :thumbrig:

Have fun and be safe.

Lisa and I will have our cars out tonight. I put new heads on my Pontiac and it is hauling A right now. Ran 10.20s @ 129 on 9 inch tires and CalTracs so far and the car is over 3400 lbs. See ya out there! I have a free entry to the Wed drags if you want it its yours( tech card) but we will need to meet outside the gate. What time are you arriving at the track?
we are leaving in 15 minutes.from livermore.i'm not sure how long its gonna take to get there.do you have a call phone?i can call you as soon as i hit the street that the gate is on. you know the car has 456s.so 60 mph....

made it there and back.ran 4 time runs.first run .731 reaction off idle [email protected] next time run .483 reaction [email protected] next run one tire hitthe water didnt know it [email protected] spun big time.next run [email protected] round one [email protected] .114 reaction round [email protected] round [email protected] .77 reaction round [email protected] reaction got beat.when i shifted to 2nd it went all the way to third,put it back to second and stayed in it but too far gone. all my runs were with the 235 60 15 bf goodrich drag radials.they hooked better than i thought they would.i had fun flogged the car made it back without issue.my wife got most ofthe runs on video on her phone i'm trying to figure out how to post them up.

Sounds like fun, no offense, but i'm surprised it wasn't quicker with that motor and those steep gears. I had figured you'd be knocking on the door of 11s

Sounds like fun, no offense, but i'm surprised it wasn't quicker with that motor and those steep gears. I had figured you'd be knocking on the door of 11s
ne too,1.81 was best 60 foot.mufflers prob did me in.among other things like not racing in ten years...plus only time i opened the hood was for tech...should have had thetiming up at 36 and itwas at 32

no excuses ,dont have a clue what itweighs, my tools andjack were in the car all night.it did not break,we got home,and itwas the first time out.no offense taken.its a budget deal.i will figure ut out....

Sounds like a GREAT first outing...nothing broke, and you got home under your own power. I don't know what you have in your motor, but just looking at you sig I would not be disappointed. It looks like it should run 12's, and it did. It takes time to fine tune these things, heck when I first build my stroker motor 4 years ago it ran 11.30's....now it can run 10.70's with the same parts, and will probably run 10.60's before the end of the year with the same parts I started with (...well....1 manifold swap, but that's it).

Now you get the fun of figuring out what your car needs to go faster. Good luck.

made it there and back.ran 4 time runs.first run .731 reaction off idle [email protected] next time run .483 reaction [email protected] next run one tire hitthe water didnt know it [email protected] spun big time.next run [email protected] round one [email protected] .114 reaction round [email protected] round [email protected] .77 reaction round [email protected] reaction got beat.when i shifted to 2nd it went all the way to third,put it back to second and stayed in it but too far gone. all my runs were with the 235 60 15 bf goodrich drag radials.they hooked better than i thought they would.i had fun flogged the car made it back without issue.my wife got most ofthe runs on video on her phone i'm trying to figure out how to post them up.

Nice runs. I was at Sonoma last night as well. Was running my 06 charger SRT8.

Nice runs. I was at Sonoma last night as well. Was running my 06 charger SRT8.

Good to see ya last night Mike. I think your car ran good for your first outing. Good job going rounds and making it to the semis. Lisa runnered up in Jackpot last night. Here is her first round video.
[ame]http://youtu.be/dpmPK-wr3Jk[/ame]

Glad you had fun, bad440. As you said, lots of potential left in the car. For a solid lift cam, W2's, etc, the mph is down. I would've guessed 12 flat or high 11's at around 110-112 mph. But, at least you got a starting point. Keep us posted!!

Glad you had fun, bad440. As you said, lots of potential left in the car. For a solid lift cam, W2's, etc, the mph is down. I would've guessed 12 flat or high 11's at around 110-112 mph. But, at least you got a starting point. Keep us posted!!

Sonoma is a sea level track and is real fast but 90 percent of the time the head wind is blowing hard. Last night we had around 14 mph headwind which is not good for mph. I was 4 mph slow from what it will run on a weekend race.

Sonoma is a sea level track and is real fast but 90 percent of the time the head wind is blowing hard. Last night we had around 14 mph headwind which is not good for mph. I was 4 mph slow from what it will run on a weekend race.
thanks steve,it was blowing hard,standing next to the car if you werent paying attention it would knock you over...and damn kept coming back to the lanes and the last time there was only three cars beside me.like you guys said nothing like going rounds on the first night out...

Oh, thanks for the heads up, Wheelsup73. Nice video, by the way! Still think he has more to look forward to without spending money, and that's the good news. If you read what I posted at the beginning of the thread, I cut 1.8's in the '60 all day. Wind don't affect that. He has more stall, much more gear, and much more motor. I think his fun has just begun....

Sounds like a great outing. You need some seat time in it, and loosing that wind would be a help...lol. But all in due time. Slicks will change things a bit I'd wager. With drag radials you might want to either back into the water and be careful not to spin a lot or fast in it (so it doesn't get up into the wheelwells and drip down in front of the tires), or forgo the water all together. I ususally just try to get them to rotate once slowly, then pull forward and do the real burnout.

-
Back