gonna go see what it runs tonite!

-
How would someone go about knowing if their 60' time was good or bad. Is there a formula? Or is it just based off of other cars that run about the same mph or et?

it does not have frame connectors yet.

Connectors will likely help the car a lot with planting the tire. Wheelsup mentioned they were down 4 mph, so if you were down 2-4, that's puts you in the mid 100's at this point and that's good for a 12.40 or better getting it to hook well. Good tune it may be in the 110 range.

I would not raise the front end, if anything, I'd lower it.

How would someone go about knowing if their 60' time was good or bad. Is there a formula? Or is it just based off of other cars that run about the same mph or et?

This is a pretty decent calculator.
http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php

Punch in one time from a slip and it give a reasonable estimate on what the rest of slip should look like. If you have a really efficient car, great 60's, it's not going to give you a reasonable estimate.

With drag radials, drive around the water and back in if possible. If you can't drive around, roll slowly through and DO NOT blip the throttle, waste of time and throws water. Get a few inches beyond the other side of the standing water, The ground is wet where you start your burnout anyways and you don't need any more than what's on the ground. DR's don't usually like the John Force burnouts with the exception of the first one if you drive on the street a lot. Get the car in high gear with 4.56's when doing a burnout, wheelspeed is what you want.

You had fun, didn't tear anything up and got home safe. That's a good night

Connectors will likely help the car a lot with planting the tire. Wheelsup mentioned they were down 4 mph, so if you were down 2-4, that's puts you in the mid 100's at this point and that's good for a 12.40 or better getting it to hook well. Good tune it may be in the 110 range.

I would not raise the front end, if anything, I'd lower it.

This is a pretty decent calculator.
http://www.wallaceracing.com/etcalc.php

Punch in one time from a slip and it give a reasonable estimate on what the rest of slip should look like. If you have a really efficient car, great 60's, it's not going to give you a reasonable estimate.

yea its off a bit for what my dart ran..

this is what it calculated:

60 Foot 1.632
330 Foot 4.71
660 Foot 7.41
660 MPH 91.75
1000 Foot 9.75
1/4 Mile ET 11.74
1/4 Mile MPH 112.85

1217slip061.jpg

now if i put the 1.69 60 foot that the car would do with air shocks and beat to hell slant six leaf springs it gets close to the 12.2 runs it would do.. :)

yea its off a bit for what my dart ran..

this is what it calculated:

60 Foot 1.632
330 Foot 4.71
660 Foot 7.41
660 MPH 91.75
1000 Foot 9.75
1/4 Mile ET 11.74
1/4 Mile MPH 112.85

1217slip061.jpg

now if i put the 1.69 60 foot that the car would do with air shocks and beat to hell slant six leaf springs it gets close to the 12.2 runs it would do.. :)

Efficient chassis/converter

With the slip MPH in 1/8mph and it's pretty close. Missed a bit because you're about .1 better in 60'

60 Foot 1.71
330 Foot 4.93
660 Foot 7.75
660 MPH 87.67
1000 Foot 10.20
1/4 Mile ET 12.29
1/4 Mile MPH 107.84

Efficient chassis/converter

dynamic 9.5" converter.

car would 60' at 1.69 with air shocks and beat slant six springs..

the street lynx dropped it to a 1.63 60'. i never bothered trying to tune it for the 1/4 mile because i only ran the car a few times a year. handling was more important to me at the time.. i'm sure it had a little more in it . hell i didn't even have frame connectors on it at the time..lol

Sears is a lousy track to try an figure out the combo on slower cars because of the head wind. I have always lost 3-4 mph compared to going to Sac. However Sacs track prep sucks on wed nights. So yes at Sac you would definitly be in the 106 plus mph. You just have to keep working the chassis and builing seat time. I should talk been a year since taking any of my cars out. You should have gone to Sac for the Mopar Magic show.

it was a spur of the moment thing,we were out cruisin around about ten in the morning and i asked my old lady if she wanted to go with me to run the car.she said yes we picked up my son at one thirty and drove out there.at least it went to the semi finals.surprzed a bunch of the regulars in the street class.**** i lost to a pontiac g8 that ran 11.20s.then he lost in the final to a 12 flat early camaro.broke out.it was awesome coming back to the lanes again and again...next time i will run the slicks and have the car emptied out.just gotta install the driveshaft loop...

it was a spur of the moment thing,we were out cruisin around about ten in the morning and i asked my old lady if she wanted to go with me to run the car.she said yes we picked up my son at one thirty and drove out there.at least it went to the semi finals.surprzed a bunch of the regulars in the street class.**** i lost to a pontiac g8 that ran 11.20s.then he lost in the final to a 12 flat early camaro.broke out.it was awesome coming back to the lanes again and again...next time i will run the slicks and have the car emptied out.just gotta install the driveshaft loop...

been reading your posts about 60 fts. vrs e.t. I got a half strange one for you.
I built a 92 GMC short-wide, w/ an old style 406 sbc, (single fan belt set up), as i didn`t like all the garbage water pump fan-belt bracket stock stuff on the 92:wack:. turbo 350, got it down to 3500 lbs., reworked off road type -above the spring traction bars(forget what they were called)w/ 10 hoosier slicks-3:73 rear-detroit locker, the thing ran 12.03, totally wiped out my buddies 502 crate motor high dollar 76 chevy long bed. I kept thinking about how it wasn`t pulling hard in hi gear,finally checked the rear jets in the 800 double pumper,they were 3 sizes smaller than stock. would have been a solid 11 sec. street truck. never took it back to the track, traded it for my 68 form S , I`m now working on. intereting time on the truck tho------bob

I thought it was funny that you lost with the only good RT you had all night (0.028 )...but hey, that's racing. It will get better with more seat time.

I thought it was funny that you lost with the only good RT you had all night (0.028 )...but hey, that's racing. It will get better with more seat time.
you saw that huh?lol:dontknow:

About your exhaust...When I used to take my Dart Sport to the track(full exhaust)I would unbolt at the collectors and swing it aside then tighten up one nut and bolt to keep it to the side.Cheaper than buying new race muffs.Just a thought for your next time out.

Mufflers everywhere,anymore. Except ,Famoso. Famous Bob's combo,kinda interesting.....

Mufflers everywhere,anymore. Except ,Famoso. Famous Bob's combo,kinda interesting.....
so whats a free breathing muffler,i know mine prob slowing the car up.race vids on my build thread.....

Saw the pass. Assuming 3" pipe,seen actual results from the Hooker Aero Chambers. Magnaflows crank,but get crazy loud with N2O hits.Been there,done that. Also check out the Dynomax Ultra Flo's,long case if possible. A person I know,has a 500 Poncho set on kill.(high 10's ,no bottle). You can talk behind the car,while it idles.Quiet all the through a full pass.Neat mufflers.

so whats a free breathing muffler,i know mine prob slowing the car up.race vids on my build thread.....

We run the Borla XR-1 on Lisa's car. No ET loss at all and they sound great but they are not cheap. I run the dynomax bullets on my Pontiac, they are alittle loud for the street but I street drove with them for years.

-
Back