Not open for further replies.

trudysduster

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Contact seller
I am gonna need a gas tank for this 73 Dart Sport. I have to decide whether to go used or new. If anyone has a GOOD,USED RUST FREE INSIDE tank that is complete with the unit and all, please let me know a price. the outside as long as it can be cleaned not an issue. this has to be rust free on the inside. prefer to have on that has been ran recently. see what is out there and I will decide whether to go new or used. Thanks,Bill

i have a tank in a running driving 73 dart sport I would sell complete for $25.00
Thanks
Gary

for what they cost new, I would just get a new tank and be done with it... the piece of mind is worth it.. I paid $135 for a brand new tank for my 69 Dart from Vans Auto

for what they cost new, I would just get a new tank and be done with it... the piece of mind is worth it.. I paid $135 for a brand new tank for my 69 Dart from Vans Auto

That is the "best" solution. I had to clean mine, my pockets ain't deep enough to replace everything, LOL.

afueldigger, I need to know if this is a good tank. I dont need anything rusty. I want to see a pic. I PM'd you about it. let me know.

That is the "best" solution. I had to clean mine, my pockets ain't deep enough to replace everything, LOL.

There was no cleaning mine... mine had holes in it LOL .. I really didnt think that price was all that bad...

I got the Vans Auto Tank too, awesome price, awesome tanks, very very happy! Just get the new one if you plan to keep the car for any length of time....

On ebay you can get one for $119.00 before shipping. Believe they are Spectra because the part number shown is the same as on the Spectra site.

Afueldigger, I have got a shipping quote for the gas tank from you to me and I am ready to send the money to you. I am waiting for a reply from you to give me a Paypal address to send it to. I need this tank shipped Monday if possible. Please let me know what you are gonna do. Thanks,Bill

I had to replace my tank because it was full of rust. It filled my fuel filter and plugged it up as well. I bought the whole kit from Dante's, Tank, sending unit, tank pad, rubber gromet for the filler tank, new seal for the sending unit and a ring, straps and the bolts. And a new fuel line from the tank to the fuel pump.Shipping and everything was around $400.00. Sounds like alot, but you will eventually need to change them all.. good luck!

I have most of that stuff left over from my Duster project. I just need a tank. looks like I am gonna have to buy a new one because afueldigger isnt gettin back to me. not a problem though. must be the way I am supposed to go anyway.

Siphon it down as low as you can... makes it a little easier to handle if you put a Hyd. jack under it to lower down to the floor.... Now I'm not saying I made that mistake....I'm just say'in.... (Things that make yo go Hmmmm)

I got a new one 3 years ago my rust filled one kept clogging my needle and seat havent had that problem since we changed out the tank I think it was 175 delivered, best money you can spend.

I have a good used one from a 71 duster, but it has the five vent lines on the driver side you would need to plug i belive. No pick-up/float included. It has some surface rust on the outside but clean inside.....free! you pay shipping.

I may take you up on that if I cannot get this guy in gear. he said he was real busy and I can appreciate that but I am going to need to secure one this week sometime. I committed to him so lets see what happens. I am going to call him tomorrow. Thanks,Bill

hello trudysduster.........
I dont like the way you make it sound like I am dragging my feet on this fuel tank.......I have kept in contact with you supplied the requested pictures and answered many PMs you have sent.......Yes I am a busy buisness owner that has a few more pressing issues Than a $25.00 fuel tank that you are buying from my 14 year old son who is parting out these cars to get money to finish his car......I can not sit at this computer 24-7 I told you it would be sent out on Monday morning and that is what is going to happen.....so kindly do not attack my honor and or word...
Thank You
Gary Eickmann
(afueldigger)

well Gary didnt mean to piss you off and no one is attacking your honor or your word BUT I am the one who told you that I needed the tank sent out by Monday so I could get it the following week. I know that the tank isnt a priority for you and I didnt know your son was doing this but I did ask you for your paypal address several days ago so I could get something lined up for my sons car also. I heard nothing back from you and this was done by a text message so lets get it right. I apologize if I offended you in any way, that wasnt the intension.now, if you want to send the tank Monday, I would appreciate it because I need to get his car running. I know it isnt a priority to you for $25.00 but I made a committment to my son that I would get his car running for him and that my friend IS A PRIORITY to me. So you let me know when you send it on Monday and I will get your money to you if that is the way you want to handle it now that you have given me your address at 4 am today. I was expecting to pay for it first but if you want to wait till you ship it, I can do it anyway you want. Just let me know when you want the money sent. Thanks, Bill

well, I made a mistake. I should have listened to you guys and bought a new one. I will know better next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back