Gonna sound like a dumb question, but

-

pyrojim

Reaction score
I pulled a 360 out of a Dart I bought last year and had it rebuilt. Motor is done, pump is primed and ready to go, I just have to pick it up. I changed the oil last year (only time since I had it) and remember having trouble with the size of the filter. I had to go back to the parts store and get a smaller one but I can't remember what the numbers were on it. Don't want to try to put the motor in with an oil filter that is too big to fit. Any idea the smallest filter for a 360 magnum in a Dart?
Thanks in advance.
jim

The short filter i use is Wix 51085. Its not the shortest available that will fit.
I think the one thats listed for a Neon is the very shortest that fits.

i use the nappa gold or wix 1068 but my engine is an LA im not sure if the magnum is different.

If you need to buy filters, look at the WIX bulk buy deal stickied in mechanical parts for sale area.

Napa (wix) is what is use.... I ask for "96". Dodge ram p/u with a 360. Sorry, I forget the number on the filter itself.

With our RHD car here in Aus, our SB V8's had remote filters mounted on the back of the inlet manifold - not the best spot - but you could use a full size filter

If your a Fram user TG16 is a shortie that I use on my Duster... Never ever had any issues with any Fram Oil filters and have been using Fram for 30 + yrs...

With our RHD car here in Aus, our SB V8's had remote filters mounted on the back of the inlet manifold - not the best spot - but you could use a full size filter

I would recommend a remote filter mounting kit. You can get get them to take a fram ph-8 which I have even seen in grocery stores.

I would recommend a remote filter mounting kit. You can get get them to take a fram ph-8 which I have even seen in grocery stores.

I want to get it back in the car and on the rack before I do that. Really should have mocked it up be4fore I pulled the motor so I knew what I had.

Thanks Y'all

fram ph-8 which I have even seen in grocery stores.

21nfpe9.jpg

Use Fram filters.

-
Back