gonna take a peak of this on saturday

-
Nope 390 is in the FE family, gas guzzling, no mileage, stump pulling torque monsters. I bought the 72 that Redscampi owned and put an old single plane streetmaster intake with a Carter 650 and that thing had power for days even with a stock cam. just make sure that you get rid of the points with an Accell points eliminator kit and a blaster 2 coil.

And bring a magnet because these truck tend to be bondo buggies!

Here are the pics of B.A.R.T. (big *** red truck) named by Redscampi

http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k199/360scamp/72 ford truck/?start=all

We sold Bart to a ford truck buddy so we could get the 66 dart for Nikki a while ago.

If you are serious about that truck check out that web site I sent you, those guys will help you any way they can over there (and they wont get all butthurt if your other car is a Mopar)!
lol i was just thinking that in my head better bring a magnet LOL ill probebly put a MSD on it and hope it up a little or put a 400 or 460 in it my dad has a 400 out of his truck that already has a cam and all that good stuff so ill try to talk him out of selling it lol

I had a gorgeous 78 Bronco , hemi orange of all colors.

Had the 351 Windsor and 31" tires, and a 3" body lift.
It was terrible on gas mileage, but ran like a beast in the woods and the snow. Wish I still owned it because I like the look of that compared to most other similar trucks although I'd like to have a ramcharger or power wagon.

ok if it has a 390 thats going to be differant trans for the 460 /400. trans fercase will be ok. if you go 460 you will need to change the frame mount were the motor mounts bolt up. it must be pre 75 as they when to 351m/400 in 77 that is what year mine is. f150/ f250. 250 will have danas front and rear 150 has dana 44 front 9 inch rear . i,ve had mine for 23 years same frame differant body. mines 4 speed . bad spots frame mount and cab corners floor boards. the front of the beds rust bad too. does not sound to bad. when u drive listen for wheel bearing, diff.noise too. good luck. i,ve been all dodge before. then pick up a saturn dirt cheap. now i have 3 of them that we drive daily. but still have a dodge and a ford and a kaw. run what you brung. als

I know where a real nice 4x4 Ramcharger is for about $ 700 with a 360 cid. in it..... Thats all I have to say !!!!!:angry7:

Those are good ol' trucks despite what anyone says. I had 3 different ones; 2 '77's and one 75. My friend still has his 76 from high school. Yeah they rust, but what 70's pickup didn't? You don't see much foreign iron from that era because they rusted out. 390's a good motor, torquey for sure. Gas mileage won't be good but they run a long time.

i never had a dodge truck other than my turbovan. brother got me my 360 from a ramcharger. had 727 behide it, his friend had a ramcharger with a 440, only one i,ve seen. als

71 Dodge...Are you sure your not.......?

19793[1].jpg

DAM IT boy!!!!!!!!!that is what you need a ford 6mil to the gal.if your lucky.dam kids.Igive up......:bootysha::angry7: youll be back.:clock:

tomarrow we shall see what it is all about i think it is a perfect first car to drive i can beat on it and not worry about it lol

dude put the 1500 plus the christmas cash you will get into that dart/ scamp you have right there in your drive way AVATAR......beat on that, it least it will take the abuse....but it is your final decision and i'll still talk to ya anyhow

If you want 460 parts to a 4 speed 4X4 I have everything you will need. Maybe you want some 3/4 axles too? GotEm!
Rust free bed? Got It.
I should have nearly anything since I have a complete truck that gets 4 miles per gallon and I refuse to put gas in the hog.

dude put the 1500 plus the christmas cash you will get into that dart/ scamp you have right there in your drive way AVATAR......beat on that, it least it will take the abuse....but it is your final decision and i'll still talk to ya anyhow

He sold the car in the AVATAR to get the $1500.00

i missed that wer,nt talken abount me. my hair no red. i get 10 mpg highway or city does not matter. might get better at ilde. als

me thinks, missing the point here.
exactly....i just could not stay away....
1. i will be one of the first people to tell you to buy what pulls your trigger, no matter what brand.
2. mad because it is not an Mopar? Hey Genius, look at my avitar, it is my 64 FORD FAIRLANE....
3. you mentioned something that is an attention getter, well, that would not even draw a second look from me. http://rnhlongtravel.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1133 this would, built by a friend. 500 hp SBC, 4x4, 25" of travel in the front, rear is strapped at 28" or so. thing your looking at probably has blocks for a lift....
4. you change your mind as often as most of us change our underware.
5. still have not answered my question, do you have the funds, beyond the purchase, to do a cross species motor swap (390 is an fe, 460 is a Lima, if I remember correct) different bellhousing on the trans....never mind that, pay for the gas that a 390 is going to guzzle?
6. you have countless people, that have way more life experience that you, telling you to slow down and smell the rust. get something to drive, get a job, pick a vehicle, make a plan and execute. what part of this don't you understand? aint got nothing to do with patience, it is just the way it works. you say you have no patience, yet we all know you have no money. Can you see past the end of your nose?
7. you seem to not understand that every one of your pipe dreams is all about money, so see comment #5.
8. have you ever sought mental health treatment? your constant flip flopping is one of the symptoms of a psychological disorder.
9. the vehicles you are looking at are known for there rust. accept the fact that in your price range rust is going to be a way of life. i did not write this rule, it is just the way it is. last a-body i looked at was a 69 Dart, did not run, had not ran in 20 years or so, but was rot free, and it sold for $2500.

Aw c'mon guys. Haven;t you heard the expression "A new wrinkle every night"? :snakeman:

-
Back