gonna take a peak of this on saturday

-
it is 16 here i got my permit at 15 so 1 more year and i can drive

So what was the rush with the dart? if you can't drive for a year, who cares if the engine was out. Maybe I am missing something.

I know I arrived a little late to the party, I am just trying to help you, and open your eyes a bit.

Did it cross your mind that if your car sold for $1500 with no engine, and missing this and that, that it sold for a "good deal"? things don't sell fast if they are not a good deal. especially in todays market.

so if your car sold for $1500 fast, what makes you think you can get a car in the same condition Running and driving for the same price?

It's not guna happen.

Phil

So what was the rush with the dart? if you can't drive for a year, who cares if the engine was out. Maybe I am missing something.

I know I arrived a little late to the party, I am just trying to help you, and open your eyes a bit.

Did it cross your mind that if your car sold for $1500 with no engine, and missing this and that, that it sold for a "good deal"? things don't sell fast if they are not a good deal. especially in todays market.

so if your car sold for $1500 fast, what makes you think you can get a car in the same condition Running and driving for the same price?

It's not guna happen.

Phil
ya i know what you mean by that

Dylan,

Post an ad on Craigslist that is close to you looking for a car and see what might surface? Some people think about posting their car for sale and just never get around to it. Someone may answer your ad and you might make a score. I have bought many items including a lot cars that way.

I just sold a horse trailer to someone that posted an ad on Craigslist needing one. I kept meaning to post it but I misplaced my charger for my camera and still haven't found it so I didn't post the trailer. HMMMM...... Wonder if that charger is on that treadmill LOL ..... Wait that is a different thread.

Dylan, you were just arguing with me in chat about how you HAD to have an a-body. You shot down every idea I had for you and any advice that we tried to give you because you said "No, I want an A-body".

I'm officially done trying to help you until you figure out what the heck you want. Until then, I am done with the 8000 threads about this.

I will add another rule of thumb that I use.

If I am thining of selling something, I take one to two weeks befor I post it or advertise it as for sale. We, as humans, Make 90% of our decisions from emotions. so befor you sell something that you will regret, think it over a week. good deals are found from people who sell by emotion.

Do you regret selling the car?

Same goes with buying. If you are in the market, adn you find something, take a couple days to think it over and do your re-search. sometimes you may find that deal that you have to jump on, but not in all cases.

you shouldn't buy that truck even if it looks good. Take a two days after you look at it, and if you still like it, call him up and make an offer.

It also helps with your buying power. The seller will think you are not interested, but when you call back he will be more liable to take your offer.

Think about it...take a day or two but think about it.

Phil

Guys All The Time Wasted On This Thread Can I Get Some Help Selling My Parts So I Can Fund My 68 Bigblock Dart And My 69 Swinger Much Appreciated Good Luck Dylan In What Ever U Choose But This Is An A Body Site Not A Ford Or Chevy Forum
Merry Christmas All

I will add one thing that I didn't say above. If you purchase on the same day that you look at the vehicle, you are buying on Emotion, and you are prob missing something, or spending more than you have to.

the fact that you miss your car allready should tell you to STOP..and slow right down.

I don't think you should even think of spending that money till after the new years.

Guys All The Time Wasted On This Thread Can I Get Some Help Selling My Parts So I Can Fund My 68 Bigblock Dart And My 69 Swinger Much Appreciated Good Luck Dylan In What Ever U Choose But This Is An A Body Site Not A Ford Or Chevy Forum
Merry Christmas All

Sounds good to me......Thank you very much !!!!!

What do you got ?

look at this, you are starting to turn around, and there are still people pissed off with your previouse actions. I don't blame them from what I have read.

I hope whatever you choose to do , it works out. Good luck.

But if you buy something other than an Abody, don't bother posting on this site. your going to piss too many people off.

My 2 cents

Phil

man you talk about upkeep, I had 2 ford 4x4s (got smart and got rid of them) and all I done was replace parts on them, you better have a lot of money, good luck

Listen to Mr.Tires, good advice. You might want to consider fuel economy unless money doesn't matter.

I've had Dodge, Chevy, and Ford work/feed trucks over the years. Hauling grain and hay to cattle in some of the worst conditions. Best one I've ever had is my '96 f-250, 460, 5-speed. She's still truckin' and I'll be out in the mud again this morning, and snow tomorrow.

Dylan I think the negative response you are getting is due to how you are going about things. You have asked for advice and then ignored it when given. You have showed us some talent on your other projects but really did nothing to your car but take it apart, and then complain you had no money to fix it. But now you are thinking about a truck that will cost twice as much to operate considering fuel and maintainance. Those tires aren't cheap.
I will admit going mudding is fun, but that is not the most practical vehicle for you. Plus if your friends have trucks, hook a ride with them at thier expense, that's how I went muddin.

If you really want people to help you then you have to listen to them.
We were all young and did things we shouldn't have and didn't want to listen to anybody, I was one. You are fortunate enough to have this great site to bounce stuff off of and should cherish it and the folks who want to help.( I know I do) When I was your age we had nothing as cool as FABO!

I have 4 kids older then you and none would listen. Once they thought they new everything and didn't need my help, I stopped helping. But as they get older they are starting to figure it out.

If you want FABO's help you have to listen as well. Save your money and something will come along when the time is right. If you can travel up to 500 miles to get something would help too. I had a moped to get around on at 15 and got razzed alot. But now who cares, my car is cooler then anything they drive.8)

Good luck young man. Have fun while your young because your parents have given you that option. You have toys I never had, and unless you have a paper route you should seriously thank your mom and dad.

No preaching here, just some advice from someone who's been there done that. I will stay tuned to see what happens with your search.
Peace

By the way, I do like old Ford's. Cars or trucks.

"and play in the mud or the sand with the rest of my friends and there 4x4's and right now a car is not what i need dont get me wrong i WILL own another mopar but not right now"

So you want to be a sheep an follow a crowd?

The way i see it is,your stil young,SAVE as much money
as you CAN an get what you want in a year or 2,the more money
you save,the better car you will be able to buy,its simple.
Buying something is one thing,affording to maintain it
is another...

It might be a good idea that he does wait to get a Mopar or any kind of muscle car. I didn't know he was so young. I thought he was 17 or 18. I remember when I was his age I couldn't wait to get a car and start driving. I didn't care what I got. He should get the youngster out of him first. Let him get all of the urges of giving a car total hell(hence comes driving experience) out of him. Heck is there a such thing? I still give mine hell sometimes. The younger crowd today are way more shot out than most of us were growing up. So, I say wait on getting that Mopar until you have the funds or even a job to work on it. If you want a car that bad go buy a beater that you don't mind messing up. Like nemesis and some others have said, save your money.

Crap! I need to leave this Egg Nog alone, my head is spinning.

Dylan I think the negative response you are getting is due to how you are going about things. You have asked for advice and then ignored it when given.

The rest of your response has a lot of good words in it, too, Noel, I just wanted to narrow in on this. From what I've read from some (and I think I pointed out this would happen) some of the negative responses are also coming from the general attitude that's given in return, not just about asking for advice, but about asking for help in finding another car to replace the Dart. To me it's no big deal. I don't live close enough to help out, so, unfortunately, I can't. And if the kid wants to spend the money on this truck, well, hey, it's his money. I personally have nothing against the Ford trucks of this era...imagine that.
But when the given party goes on and on about looking for opinions, about whether to keep the car or not, on and on, finally winds up getting rid of it - again, his choice - and then asks for help on finding something in specific, is given leads by guys who are taking the time to help him, and then turns around and starts posting along these lines, pretty much ignoring his own questions looking for help and the help he's been given, a lot of folks feel that the helping hand they've offered in goodwill is being slapped away with the general attitude of what, frankly, is coming across as a brat.

The rest of your response has a lot of good words in it, too, Noel, I just wanted to narrow in on this. From what I've read from some (and I think I pointed out this would happen) some of the negative responses are also coming from the general attitude that's given in return, not just about asking for advice, but about asking for help in finding another car to replace the Dart. To me it's no big deal. I don't live close enough to help out, so, unfortunately, I can't. And if the kid wants to spend the money on this truck, well, hey, it's his money. I personally have nothing against the Ford trucks of this era...imagine that.
But when the given party goes on and on about looking for opinions, about whether to keep the car or not, on and on, finally winds up getting rid of it - again, his choice - and then asks for help on finding something in specific, is given leads by guys who are taking the time to help him, and then turns around and starts posting along these lines, pretty much ignoring his own questions looking for help and the help he's been given, a lot of folks feel that the helping hand they've offered in goodwill is being slapped away with the general attitude of what, frankly, is coming across as a brat.
exactly....

in the end he is going to do what he wants anyway. If his dad is a car guy and willing to help him, he is already a step ahead of where I was at his age. If he has $1800 cash at 15 he is two steps ahead of me.

Dylan, a 4x4 mud/sand truck is not a good idea as a first car/daily driver. Mud will destroy a truck, and it doesn't take long. Its a shame you got rid of your car already, you could have gotten alot of work done in the next year before you start driving. It doesn't always take money to make a nice car. You also don't have to have a big block to have a nice car. If it's just to impress high school kids, just tell them its a HEMI, they'll never know.

well i dont think we will be looking at this truck it is startting to sound like a scam (as usual) so i guess ill just wait until somthing appears on CL or ill check ebag in FL damn it i want a car and thats what im getting period ill just hold out until after christmas

how bad do you all think it is? need to much work. for a DD

-
Back