Good boots

-

pishta

I know I'm right....
Reaction score
Its hard to walk away from your favorite boots when only the sole becomes detached. Red Wing wont resole these as its a molded sole so i just used Gorilla glue to reattach the sole where it pulled apart. Other boot is perfect...cant figure why this one is falling apart. Shoe goo brand silicon didnt hold. Gorilla glue has a unique property of expanding when it dries so it fills the voids. Its just a little messy in clean up, ie. A flap disk on a grinder!
20190120_214252.jpg
20190120_214300.jpg

Nice. I know just how you feel. Let us see how it turns out after the "Clamps" are removed.

Kinda ugly and a lot stiffer than the old boot but itll do.....F'n A! Maybe a little brown shoe polish.....
20190121_070533.jpg
20190121_070517.jpg

I loved my Redwings.
Able to re-sole them a couple times each.
3 prs over 10+ yrs. Not like once a yr. Kodiaks or similar.
So comfy, I wore them as a reg shoe.
Broke my heart when they discontinued that style, and the "last" wasn't used in a diff style.

Me too, but the stupid Red Wing soft soles that can be resoled ($75 now?) dont last more than about 18 months before they become slick and that's a no-no with our bosses. Must have a tread and a defined heal. These worked great today, no sign of separation.

ive fixed my sons sneakers like that with gorilla glue! it'll outlast the other one! gorilla glue good stuff!

Its pretty awesome stuff. It took a few minutes to grind off with a worn out sanding disk. Hard stuff. My bottle needs to be thinned out a little, it wont even flow. I had to apply with a plastic knife. Another characteristic: You need a little water to make it expand. It says moisten one side of bond, and another site says if you use mist it with water you get more expansion. weird.

I'm a difficult fit for boots. I need a high toe and size 13.

The last pair I had that fit had the same issue.

Believe it or not I used black duct tape to give them another year of service.

They were black boots and no one ever noticed!

-
Back