Good odd test equipment you never see anymore

-
Tip of the iceberg of what I have I have to get more pics. I get them and fix them to pass on reasonably.

s-l1600.jpg

Just picked up this Sun CCT-20 made for the military. Coil/ capacitor tester, about 1970. The outside of the case has some rust, but the "guts" have no damage and are in nice shape. Id does not work quite right and I'm pretty sure "dirty switches." The switch on the bottom right is going to be difficult, as it's a momentary rotary, "center off" and quite a lot of spring force. Somewhat difficult to operate, and you must cycle it many times to "wipe" the contacts clean. I guess I'll put a larger knob on there temporarily until I get it cleaned up

Contains a 12AU7 tube, and a "vibrator" which is the mechanical grand-daddy of the modern switching inverter.

Manual:
https://www.liberatedmanuals.com/TM-9-4910-488-10.pdf

5s-l1600.jpg

4s-l1600.jpg

2s-l1600.jpg

So far I don't see anything weird. Cool and old but not weird.

Rob you can tell we have been doing this for a bit.
Yup. I've used a lot of the equipment you've posted here. I wouldn't mind having something that could cancel cylinders again. I had a lot of test equipment when we still lived in Macon, but my shop there was broken into shortly before we moved and 90% of what I had was stolen. I was lucky that I had already moved all of my tools.

I get them on ocassion. I will shoot you a message next time I get one in.

I would appreciate it. I probably won't have any money but you never know. Maybe we can work something out.

They are all ove the place. I have a old Napa one I have had since the 80's kind of cool hand held need to get a pic of it and put it here. Saves a ton of time.

I too would like to obtain a cylinder balance tester. I still don't trust insulated plug wire puller pliers. My slant has HEI conversion and my last HEI bite is still clear in my memory.
Thanks, Jerry in Denver, Colorado

"How I always did it" Pull the dist boots, loosen the wires in the cap and if you want to get "real" fancy, slide small brads or paper clips down beside the wires. Then just take a grounding probe and ground each one.

-
Back